• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Citizen's Mitigation Forms

New posts

JohnnyB

Beach Comber
Greetings:

If you own property in Florida and your wind insurance is placed with Citizens, you may be entitiled to certain discounts. You need to contact your agent as to the particulars of those.

To receive these discounts requires a property inspection and certification. I am currently doing these.

The process is fairly simple:

1. If you are a Coastal Insurance or South Walton Insurance client, contact your agent and they will begin the process.

2. If you are NOT a Coastal Insurance or South Walton customer, please contact me at jblackwellbuilder@yahoo.com and I will email you the information.

John Blackwell
 
If I don't contact my Coastal agent, will I, as the customer, BE CONTACTED by my agent?
 
If I don't contact my Coastal agent, will I, as the customer, BE CONTACTED by my agent?

Last year, Citizens sent the information about the mitigation forms to us with our renewal. I then called and ordered the forms which they sent very quickly. I submitted the form and we saved about $2000 due to our hurricane shutters. They even prorated for the previous 6 months or so! A surprise check!
 
If I don't contact my Coastal agent, will I, as the customer, BE CONTACTED by my agent?

You will be contacted by Coastal. You should recieve a notice within a week or so.

There were a couple of reasons why I asked Coastal Customers to contact them.

One is that I have a family connection there and they are going to give you several options, of which using me is only one of them.

The other is for tracking purposes, so they know who's been notified etc....

John
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top