• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Clothing alterations?

New posts

Rollin' Tide

Beach Comber
I have several pieces (mine and my husband's) that need altering and would like to find a reliable seamstress in south Walton. Does anyone have a suggestion?

THANKS!
 
Mrs. Ellis behind Cocoon's on 30A used to do alterations but I don't know if she still takes jobs. If you don't find someone in So Walton I have a wonderful lady next to the Publix on Hutchinson Blvd(Middle Beach Rd) in Panama City Beach. She's very reasonable and accomplished.
 
Yes, French Laundry took in some slacks for me and did a great job.

I'm sorry to say this because I am very pro-local businesses and really like Gwen a lot also...

Mr. Clean had some alterations there and they weren't so good. His tushie seam was wobbly and curvy on 3 out of 4 pairs. I'm not sure if it's the specific seamstress (and I don't know who it was) but the pants were unwearable. Mind you, that he is tall & very slim (gets mad if I call him skinny), and that might have been an issue.

We are still in search of a local place he'll trust with his pants now.
 
Looks like we need an expansion of our local economy in this sector. Realtors with sewing machine? Or fill in the blank______.
 
We need a good non-smoking Sowal seamstress or tailor!

SOMEONE has to have these skills - my alterations tend to involve scissors, duct tape, safety pins, or heavy duty basting! :blush:
 
I'm sorry to say this because I am very pro-local businesses and really like Gwen a lot also...

Mr. Clean had some alterations there and they weren't so good. His tushie seam was wobbly and curvy on 3 out of 4 pairs. I'm not sure if it's the specific seamstress (and I don't know who it was) but the pants were unwearable. Mind you, that he is tall & very slim (gets mad if I call him skinny), and that might have been an issue.

We are still in search of a local place he'll trust with his pants now.

Since "curvy" is the kindest way to describe my rear, that might explain why my results were good. :biggrin:

Get over your super-talented skinny self, Mr. C. ;-) <if someone called me skinny, I would kiss them>
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top