• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Clothing alterations

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
I need someone to hem pants. Quite a lot of pants, actually, 6 or 7 pairs. Recommendations?

And on a side note, if the word "pants" is plural, then is a single pant just one leg and one side of the seat?
 
From Merriam-Webster.com:

pant noun[h=2]Definition of PANT[/h]1
: an outer garment covering each leg separately and usually extending from the waist to the ankle —usually used in plural

This one bothers me. Is it six-foot tall or six-feet tall? I looked up the rule. Use "foot" between a number and a noun (for example, six-foot pole) and use "feet" between a number and an adjective. So it's six-feet tall.

For some reason I've been thinking about grammar a lot today.

Also manners. I read thttp://www.career.vt.edu/diningetiquette/qanda.html
to my husband today until he finally told me, "That's enough." LOL.
 
Is it six-foot tall or six-feet tall? I looked up the rule. Use "foot" between a number and a noun (for example, six-foot pole) and use "feet" between a number and an adjective. So it's six-feet tall.

Well, then. Other than still not knowing where to take my pantses, my day is complete.
 
An update. I have taken 5 pairs of pants to be hemmed at High Tech Cleaners, located next to the Watercolor Publix on 395.

They did the job perfectly. I'll be taking more pants to them. Recommended.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top