• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cocoon's For Sale

New posts

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
I heard a commercial on Breeze yesterday by the owner of Cocoons. They are selling the business...:(. I am so sad...I love that place! The food was always very good and the smoked tuna dip was a family favorite to take to the beach.

On another note...does anyone want to buy it for me? :biggrin:
 
wow. cocoon's has been around forever, and it won't be the same without them!!! wah.

yes, it would be a great little place for someone to buy and do their own little cafe.

bought any lotto tix lately allifunn?
 
Yes, it has been available for awhile. It is an ongoing business with an established customer base. It opened about 17 years ago. The building, business, equipment, and inventory are available for $1.4 mil. There is a 4br apartment on the 2nd floor.

Owners are ready to retire but will stay on a bit and help out new owner. The fact that it is across from One Seagrove Place, the largest building on Scenic 30A, means that you would have a large market for rental season. One Seagrove Place also has plenty of snowbirds in the winter.

Contact your favorite realtor for more info.
 
I had forgotten about it being for sale! it has been on the market for a while. sounds like a good set up - live/work space right on 30A. I wish Cocoon folks lots of luck in finding the right buyer!
 
Cacoon's is what I call a sleeper. I think it gets forgotten by a few, but it is a real gem, with great food and good people. Some of the best BBQ on 30A. I am selfish and don't want it to sell, fearing that I will no longer be able to eat there. I hear they have some awesome breakfast, too, but I don't get over there that early in the day.
 
I guess I was just astonished to hear the commercial for the sale, I had heard commercials for Cocoons (by the owner) talking about the food (sandwiches), but never about selling the place. I imagine it will continue to be for sale for quite a while.
 
As I said, for the owner, I hope he gets a sale, but for the rest of us, I hope he still runs Cacoon's for a long time.
 
mike and linda are THE BEST. agree that their success in selling would be a HUGE loss for 30A. hope that, when they do find a buyer, it will be someone who decides not to change a good thing!! and that the ladows decide to stay in the area - we would miss them dreadfully. :cry:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top