• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Code Enforcement Article

New posts

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Hi Everyone,

I know we have a lot of different threads on code enforcement in Walton, but I am posting a new thread asking for input from other posters on an article I am researching on CE. I will be rereading these threads as well.

If you have had an issue, problem, question or just a remark on Walton CE then please feel free to pm me or post. I will be looking at everything from the "move it or lose it" issue to campaign signs to active and reactive enforcement. Photos of signs or issues are always welcome and if you want you can submit a pic for the article and I will be happy to give photo cred.

When I have finished my investigation, I will post the article in this thread as well. I will do my best to address and get answers for any concern you might have about the issue.

Thanks for any input or info,:wave:
AL

ps....I am also working on an article about the waste and number of phone books everyone is receiving in our area. Anything you want to add to that issue I would be happy to hear about, too.
 
The phone book issue!!! Another set at my mailbox a couple of days ago. I've been thinking of ways to get it to stop. But how?? Can it be mandatory to get one only upon request?? It is such a waste.
 
The phone book issue!!! Another set at my mailbox a couple of days ago. I've been thinking of ways to get it to stop. But how?? Can it be mandatory to get one only upon request?? It is such a waste.


We have 6 piled up in the doorway of a vacant office next to us. That got me thinking. I'll try to get some answers on it :wave:
 
Last edited:
Agh! Yes I've gotten so many phone books this year that I get seriously irritated every time another one shows up. We got another one on Sunday (or maybe late Saturday night?)
 
The phone book magnets fit Sowal stickers!

I love the new mini Embarq phone books - the rest are just cockroach projectiles and a waste!

Code Enforcement:

1) Enforce the codes and staff the office or have someone NEARBY on call for when codes are likely to be broken.

2) Quickly resolve the code issue and be proactive in checking up on prior violations/violators.

3) There are certain code violations that are obvious and in highly visible locations (signage etc.). Allow proactive enforcement in these cases.

4) The enforcement pickup trucks are something out of a bad B movie and a waste of gas $.
 
I think it is rather silly that I already have eight, 2009 phone books, and it is not even June 2008.

Driving down 30A yesterday, with the windows down, I got sprayed by some recycled water. I like that people are using reclaimed water for lawns, if they must have a lawn, but it was spraying all the way to the center line of 30A. I have Code Enforcement's number programmed into my phone, but didn't even bother calling since I doubt a sprinkler would be placed in any kind of priority, and it wouldn't likely be spraying when they came out, so there would be no violation to write.

(makes me think about calling the one-man Grayton Militia to come smash the sprinkler.)
 
:lolabove: on the phone books!!!

I also would appraciate knowing what to do about building code violations. I see them and would hate to think of what the poor owners are going to be dealing with someday when they try to collect insurance money and the insurance company says phooey to them.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top