• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Code Words

New posts
Has anyone else noticed this? What's it all about?

What this means is that the speaker is informing whoever is listening that s/he passes the DNA test, which is the most important requirement for any position of power or responsibility in the county. :cool:
 
And you guys wonder why you have such a hard time getting the attention of your local leaders?

:clap:I was thinking the same thing!

I don't think a very effective campaign slogan is "I moved here in 2003 and see everthing all you backward rednecks are doing wrong. I'm here to fix it for you. We'll do things just like they do where I'm from..."
 
:clap:I was thinking the same thing!

I don't think a very effective campaign slogan is "I moved here in 2003 and see everthing all you backward rednecks are doing wrong. I'm here to fix it for you. We'll do things just like they do where I'm from..."

No but outsiders (someone who has lived here since 2003) might have a valued perspective and experience in some areas that may actually help-especially if they have had to deal with the same problems in another state or locality. I would be insulted if somone running for office locally would annouce that they are 100% "proud" of their unchanging or closed minded attitude (politics a usual). From what I have found (with the exception of one County Dept.) there are no real "backwards rednecks" currently in office here locally anyway...just a mentality that kowtows to the poorer and more uneducated groups to get their votes..
 
"backwards rednecks" currently in office here locally anyway...just a mentality that kowtows to the poorer and more uneducated groups to get their votes..

And as long as that group shows up at the polls, while the more educated ones who moved in 2003 do not, this will continue to happen.
 
No but outsiders (someone who has lived here since 2003) might have a valued perspective and experience in some areas that may actually help-especially if they have had to deal with the same problems in another state or locality. I would be insulted if somone running for office locally would annouce that they are 100% "proud" of their unchanging or closed minded attitude (politics a usual). From what I have found (with the exception of one County Dept.) there are no real "backwards rednecks" currently in office here locally anyway...just a mentality that kowtows to the poorer and more uneducated groups to get their votes..

I must admit that most of those I voted for last time are not in office. But the election before that I voted for many of the "winners."

I'm local, I have all my front teeth, and I'm well educated.
 
I'm local and ALL of those statements apply to me (except the Walton High part, but that does apply to Fuzz). And Fuzz and I fully intend to use them when one of us decides to run for something. :biggrin:
 
I really dislike the old boy network, in all of its forms. But please be respectful of those of us who are "natives" - the "first cousin" comment and "family tree like a pencil" are going a little far. I also detest the idea that all "newcomers" are to blame for all problems in Walton County. Neither dissing the locals or non-natives are constructive. Intelligent, informed change in politics is. I've been listening to all of you on the political forum long enough to know that this is possible with this group.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top