• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Comforters in rentals

New posts

ladyinspector

Beach Comber
Someone told me today that the comforters in their rentals are being washed once or twice a year. I'm wondering how many other rentals in this area are washing the comforters once or twice a year? I also am wondering who has set that standard. The vacationers that rent these units, are they aware of this practice or are they just assuming that the condo they are renting is following the hotel type standards. This would require the comforters to be washed each time the room is turned over.



What is your opinion on this?
 
are they just assuming that the condo they are renting is following the hotel type standards. This would require the comforters to be washed each time the room is turned over.
Is this really the hotel standard?? :blink: Would that apply to blankets, too?
Well, I wish, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe a five star hotel somewhere, but not any I've stayed at.
 
Does anyone really think the comforters are washed every turn at a hotel? :idontno:
I've never seen housecleaning people at hotels have comforters on their trolleys. sheets yes, comforters, no.

There is a top sheet between the comforter and in the heat, with AC on, some people probably fold it down.
The answer is no, my housekeeper does not clean the comforters each turn. She will clean it if it appears dirty. I do clean them at least twice a year and I have spares.
 
At our home that we rent, we have down duvets with duvet covers and down pillows. We've never had a management company wash the duvet covers after every guest. I wouldn't want them to because I'd have to replace them too often. Not to mention the fact that the duvet covers go with the decor in the room. So if I had to buy new ones frequently, I'd probably have to do some redecorating as well.

Once we had a germaphobe as a renter. She washed every duvet, duvet cover, pillow, and sham in the house, then draped them over the fence around the pool area to dry. We do have an electric dryer. The owners of the house next door happened to be in town and told her that it was against the neighborhood covenants to hang linens and towels outside (that's actually posted on the refrigerator). She refused to remove them. Four of the shams blew away, and she didn't bother to hunt them down. I loved the pattern on the fabrics, but they were discontinued, so I had to buy solid-colored shams. :bang:

I really don't want renters to wash my bed linens because they are expensive, and I'd rather have them professionally cleaned.

If the cleaning service had to dry clean all of the bed linens after every guest, I'd need two sets. That would be very expensive.
 
Last edited:
As a renter, we always assume they are hardly ever washed. We travel with our own and that is one of the first things we do is pull of the furnished one and replace it with our own
 
I hate staying in hotels, knowing they don't wash everything..yuk! i would rather stay in my van overnight with my own CLEAN comforter. Thats a shame that you pay all this money to go on vacation and you can't even rely on a clean washed comforter...gross! I really don't think it's asking to much to have a clean comforter. I would never get a good nights sleep knowing that i had a comforter that 20 people used before it got washed.:eek:

My brother and sister-in-law used to work in a very up-scale hotel and they both told me to ask for extra sheets at check-in, so you know you have a clean set to sleep on. ;-)
 
I knew I shouldn't read this thread. :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top