• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Commodores Retreat

New posts

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone know hat happened at Commodores Retreat? I live across the street from it and have watch the remodeling of the building. New decks, new exterior etc. Well today all of the construction equipment was removed and the building stands empty wrapped in tyvek. :idontno:
 
Does anyone know hat happened at Commodores Retreat? I live across the street from it and have watch the remodeling of the building. New decks, new exterior etc. Well today all of the construction equipment was removed and the building stands empty wrapped in tyvek. :idontno:

Which one is that? I keep track of them by the contractor.
 
I thinks I know.

I know a few people who own there.....it's a mess and very unfortunate!

Large assessments after multiple hurricanes causing discreet damage, evidently. Bldg. needed a loan to complete repairs, market (lending) tanked and can't get financing. It's an awful situation! There are some rumblings of foreclosures from individual owners there as well. This will domino for that building.

I stayed there with Sweet Pea when I was down looking for my cottage and it's a great place (location, etc.). I hope they can get back on their feet soon. Babyblue, I've been emailed pics and it's an eyesore, definitely. I hope all of you on that charming street are fairing well! ;-)

Cheers and hang in there~~~~~~
 
Thanks for the info. Do you know who the contractor was? I just notice that when they were taking the equipment out they tore up my curb in front of my house.
 
Thanks for the info. Do you know who the contractor was? I just notice that when they were taking the equipment out they tore up my curb in front of my house.

Yikes, no I don't know. But, check with the permit office. Good luck!! ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top