• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Compare Internet Speeds Here

New posts
You are quite right, Tree Frog. Not impressive at all. But I will not get a second service with mediacon. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered, and their cable lineup is pretty sad too. And, their prices are too high. The dsl is fast enough for what I use it for.
 


Is this good or bad?

All I know is I've been in a verbal profanity riddled war with Comcast for the past SEVEN DAYS!!!!!! Can not get back on line other than sporadically every other day for only about 3 hours. It's been horrible. I work from home and am dependent on my email/internet. Their customer service is the absolute worst. They keep sending out these "inmate" types to check out the modem or problem, then it's the line outside. In other words, they don't know what the hell they're doing. I can't believe I have not been arrested yet.

If you don't hear from me in a few days, just know I've murdered a Comcast employee and I'm in jail. (No wonder their customer service office has bullet proof glass!!!)


Desktop, Chicago, high speed cable
 
Last edited by a moderator:
JR, Comcast is the pits. I go through the same song and dance with them every 3-4 months. They told me for months that nothing was wrong with my line. First they send someone to your home to make sure you have everything hooked up right, but that service person can not make repairs outside, so then they have to send someone else. What they are doing borders illegal. They want people to upgrade to their digital service and get the full package of services including phone, cable and ISP service and they will tell you that this will boost your service by doing this. :bang:
I am at my wits end with them, but until another provider gets service up my hill, they are the only game in town right now.
 
that is amazingly fast!!!!!! :yikes::yikes:




Is this good or bad?

All I know is I've been in a verbal profanity riddled war with Comcast for the past SEVEN DAYS!!!!!! Can not get back on line other than sporadically every other day for only about 3 hours. It's been horrible. I work from home and am dependent on my email/internet. Their customer service is the absolute worst. They keep sending out these "inmate" types to check out the modem or problem, then it's the line outside. In other words, they don't know what the hell they're doing. I can't believe I have not been arrested yet.

If you don't hear from me in a few days, just know I've murdered a Comcast employee and I'm in jail. (No wonder their customer service office has bullet proof glass!!!)


Desktop, Chicago, high speed cable
 
JR, Comcast is the pits. I go through the same song and dance with them every 3-4 months. They told me for months that nothing was wrong with my line. First they send someone to your home to make sure you have everything hooked up right, but that service person can not make repairs outside, so then they have to send someone else. What they are doing borders illegal. They want people to upgrade to their digital service and get the full package of services including phone, cable and ISP service and they will tell you that this will boost your service by doing this. :bang:
I am at my wits end with them, but until another provider gets service up my hill, they are the only game in town right now.
I checked - - ours already IS digital. Mr. JR said that's the way Comcast is around here. They are pretty much the only game in town for us too - if speed is important to you.
 
Interesting Post and a nice speed test site.

204572172.png




Black Creek, Cox digital package, hardwired computer using Tampa server.
 
So it looks like Mediacom, Embarq and Speakeasy offer pretty good surface. Smiling Joe, thanks for putting forward the survey!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top