• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

completed Alys Beach home photos

New posts

Kurt

Admin
http://ericwatson.com/alyshouse-e1.html

AlysBchE1-4.jpg
 
Oh man...we laughed at the whiteness of this place, but it is stunning! We took the tour before we left....there will be greenery running up the walls. What we could not understand is...why are there no streets laid? Maybe they are pavers and they would get ruined? If I had "FLIPPED" and made a gajillion $$$$, I would buy here! (I think) One of our issues was the lack of openess to the street...but those upstair terraces are to die for! I could just imagine lying up there counting the stars!
 
Is it just me or is there something weird looking about those windows and doors? They kind of look cheap and tacky. It seems as though the architecture would welcome solid paned glass instead of divided glass.
 
Gorgeous photography, protfolio. Stunning homes!
Really love the photos of the homes with all the lights on just after sunset!
 
bsmart said:
Is it just me or is there something weird looking about those windows and doors? They kind of look cheap and tacky. It seems as though the architecture would welcome solid paned glass instead of divided glass.

It's interesting that when you talk to different people, some say divided lights are traditional and classy, and some say the opposite. The new towns are nothing if not traditional. Divided lights are traditional and Alys Beach is modeled on historical concepts.

The fact that the buildings are white, have clean lines, and are relatively free of adornment may have you thinking "modern", and expecting undivided glass. However, the divided lights are in keeping with the concept.

It doesn't mean your opinion is wrong, but I disagree. In general though I prefer as few lights as possible in most designs. Also as you may have guessed - the windows and doors in Alys Beach aren't inexpensive.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top