• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Computer repair needed

New posts
IBD, be careful about that software. Much of today's software allows you to install on only one or two computers. I found out the hard way. I know these companies are trying to prevent theft but, D_MN! I have more than one computer, and what if I am replacing an outdated one?

agreed. when you buy software over the net, opt to also get the CD sent to ou in the mail. if not, keep in a secure place, your date of purchase, payment type, registration key, etc, for future upgrades, additional installs on new computers, etc.
 
If i had a magic flute I would lure you all away from Microsoft land into the enchanted Mac forest.

I will NEVER own a PC again. It's been years since I saw the blue screen of death, or had to hit CNTRL+ALT+DEL

Seriously, the Mac Mini is about four times smaller that a PC tower and it does everything and more right out of the box. The operating system is FAR more intuitive and simple. There is about 98% less spyware or viruses out there to worry about, and every peripheral I have ever plugged in was up and running in minutes, if not seconds.

Anyhow, good luck with the repairs......
 
agreed. when you buy software over the net, opt to also get the CD sent to ou in the mail. if not, keep in a secure place, your date of purchase, payment type, registration key, etc, for future upgrades, additional installs on new computers, etc.

FYI- even using the CD, some software limits the number of installs. One way I have found around this is by downloading the program to my portable drive rather than my computers. I can then use the program on any computer by plugging in my portable drive.
 
ok, I give up. I need to take my CPU's in for something tp be done.
They are so slow and freeze up all the time.
Does anyone have any recommendations for where to go????




Data Solutions (20 years experience)
Beth Godwin 850-585-1876 (cell)
She will give advice and come to your home ;-)
 
someday, i will venture from the darkside. i'm just nervous of the jump to macworld.
I convinced my mom to jump into the Mac world, and she hated it. I even tried it out many times, and grew frustrated really quickly (and I am fairly patient). I felt so bad, I bought her a laptop PC.

I think the thing which made it so difficult was the lack of assistance from Mac. Mom was never able to get any assistance via telephone. They kept directing her to their website for info. Mac reps didn't seem to get the fact that she part of Mom's trouble was that she couldn't get online because of complications with the Mac. She ended up driving three hours to their store in Lenox Mall (Atlanta) where she still received little assistance after paying for two classes of Mac help. My Mom is very patient and I have never seen her raise her voice, but she said that she was so upset with Mac's non-caring, no-customer-service, that she was ready to throw her Mac through the glass of the store just so they would get the message.

I have heard only good things from Mac users, but my Mom's didn't seem user friendly at all.
 
sarafunn went Mac and will not go back. :idontno:
 
If i had a magic flute I would lure you all away from Microsoft land into the enchanted Mac forest.

I will NEVER own a PC again. It's been years since I saw the blue screen of death, or had to hit CNTRL+ALT+DEL

Seriously, the Mac Mini is about four times smaller that a PC tower and it does everything and more right out of the box. The operating system is FAR more intuitive and simple. There is about 98% less spyware or viruses out there to worry about, and every peripheral I have ever plugged in was up and running in minutes, if not seconds.

Anyhow, good luck with the repairs......
And what, pray tell, is the entrance fee to romp in the Mac forest?
 
I convinced my mom to jump into the Mac world, and she hated it. I even tried it out many times, and grew frustrated really quickly (and I am fairly patient). I felt so bad, I bought her a laptop PC.

I think the thing which made it so difficult was the lack of assistance from Mac. Mom was never able to get any assistance via telephone. They kept directing her to their website for info. Mac reps didn't seem to get the fact that she part of Mom's trouble was that she couldn't get online because of complications with the Mac. She ended up driving three hours to their store in Lenox Mall (Atlanta) where she still received little assistance after paying for two classes of Mac help. My Mom is very patient and I have never seen her raise her voice, but she said that she was so upset with Mac's non-caring, no-customer-service, that she was ready to throw her Mac through the glass of the store just so they would get the message.

I have heard only good things from Mac users, but my Mom's didn't seem user friendly at all.

This is totally incorrect. Not only are you able to get assistance via telephone from Apple, THEY ARE ALL LOCATED IN THE GOOD OLE USA!! Austin Texas is one of their biggest support employee areas.

I will NEVER own a PC. Mac is the only way to go!! Hands down. Nough said!
 
This is totally incorrect. Not only are you able to get assistance via telephone from Apple, THEY ARE ALL LOCATED IN THE GOOD OLE USA!! Austin Texas is one of their biggest support employee areas.

I will NEVER own a PC. Mac is the only way to go!! Hands down. Nough said!
I hear what you are saying, but I, too, spent over an hour on the telephone with the peeps at support, and I received no help to fix the problem with my mom's puter. So, please don't incorrectly say that I am totally incorrect about the lack of customer support that we encountered. ;-)

Now, when you buy a Mac, as with most pc's, you have to pay extra for customer support to extend beyond 90 days.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top