Greetings,
I am new to your forum and enjoy the info.
I am interested in purchasing a beachfront condo (a view of the ocean from the balcony is important to me and the wife).
We plan to spend April and May mostly at the condo, rent it during the summer and spend September and October back at the condo. The winter would be rented long term if we could find a good snowbird. We don't want to be at the beach with the crowds or during the summer heat.
Brand new 2+ bedroom condos are now listed below 400K in Panama City Beach and older ones are approaching 300K. We are going down to the Panhandle to look at condos in two weeks but plan to delay buying till the fall. My gut feeling is prices will continue to fall in PCB as more condos come on line, more folks walk away from their deposits/mortgage, and rents continue to fall due to oversupply.
I spent a week at Santa Rosa beach last July and other than the heat I thought it was very nice. But the prices are much higher than PCB and since we plan to use our condo off season, I don't see the need to pay double what we would in PCB.
Some questions:
Do you SoWal folks think I am off base on my reasoning?
Do you think SoWal condo prices will be dragged down by the PCB prices?
Does anyone have any info on Pinnacle Port condos. They appear on the MLS to be very removed from the rest of PCB, almost to Walton county.
Thanks,
Flyguy
:scratch:
I am new to your forum and enjoy the info.
I am interested in purchasing a beachfront condo (a view of the ocean from the balcony is important to me and the wife).
We plan to spend April and May mostly at the condo, rent it during the summer and spend September and October back at the condo. The winter would be rented long term if we could find a good snowbird. We don't want to be at the beach with the crowds or during the summer heat.
Brand new 2+ bedroom condos are now listed below 400K in Panama City Beach and older ones are approaching 300K. We are going down to the Panhandle to look at condos in two weeks but plan to delay buying till the fall. My gut feeling is prices will continue to fall in PCB as more condos come on line, more folks walk away from their deposits/mortgage, and rents continue to fall due to oversupply.
I spent a week at Santa Rosa beach last July and other than the heat I thought it was very nice. But the prices are much higher than PCB and since we plan to use our condo off season, I don't see the need to pay double what we would in PCB.
Some questions:
Do you SoWal folks think I am off base on my reasoning?
Do you think SoWal condo prices will be dragged down by the PCB prices?
Does anyone have any info on Pinnacle Port condos. They appear on the MLS to be very removed from the rest of PCB, almost to Walton county.
Thanks,
Flyguy
:scratch:
Last edited:
Prices may fall more, but no one can tell you how much. I think there are some good deals out there now. Pinnacle Port is right over the county line.
Seacrest.
:roll: 