Hi- been lurking for a while, really useful site, great info and have enjoyed most of the banter! We've been vacationing in SoWal for years with intent to buy eventually, so glad to see prices (apparently) taking a little bit of a breather from going up 20% a year. I am hoping it will be more of a balanced (ie: non speculative) market over the next couple of years with all the factors coming into play (interest rates, build out dates, storms, etc).
After cashing out of some West Coast property (if you think SoWal prices are high, go out to CA, Long Island, etc :shock: ), I will be able to jump on a great deal, not in a particular hurry. Have not decided to buy a lot or finished house, probably depends on what best deal is.
At this point probably looking for a non-overly planned (ie: Watercolor, etc) community, not on beach but within easy bike/walk, typical plank/tin roof FLA cottage style with average finishings. What cost per SF can I expect in SoWal at this point?
After cashing out of some West Coast property (if you think SoWal prices are high, go out to CA, Long Island, etc :shock: ), I will be able to jump on a great deal, not in a particular hurry. Have not decided to buy a lot or finished house, probably depends on what best deal is.
At this point probably looking for a non-overly planned (ie: Watercolor, etc) community, not on beach but within easy bike/walk, typical plank/tin roof FLA cottage style with average finishings. What cost per SF can I expect in SoWal at this point?
