• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crab Cakes

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
OK I know that there is a thread on Crab cakes but I have a friend in town and she wants crab cakes. I trust everyones opinion so 331, red bar, shades, or cafe 30-A, or somewhere else I do not know of....This is for Sat night....
 
InletBchDweller said:
OK I know that there is a thread on Crab cakes but I have a friend in town and she wants crab cakes. I trust everyones opinion so 331, red bar, shades, or cafe 30-A, or somewhere else I do not know of....This is for Sat night....

UH....Great Southern around 8 pm??? Call them and request crab cakes!! :biggrin: If not there, I would go to the Red Bar and just pass on the potatoes. 331 will not be serving them on Sat. night.
 
Miss Kitty's right. Red Bar serves them on the weekend, 331 on weekdays. I think one of these two places is the easy choice for crab cakes. Very reasonably priced, and you actually get LUMP crabmeat, not that mushy, deviled-crab typ crap most others use. Plus, I don't know of anywhere other than the aforementioned places where you can get them as an entree.

Don't know where Oli buys his crabmeat, but he must get a great bargain. You get two crabcakes, plus salad and a side for less than you would pay for one appetizer-sized crabcake at most other places.
 
InletBchDweller said:
no :( got plenty of drinks though:biggrin:

Did they run out? Guess I forgot to mention that if you want crab cakes from the Red Bar on Fri/Sat, you need to go fairly early because they DO run out from time to time.
 
I will put my vote in here for Cocoon's on 30A. Crab cakes are divine. As is just about everything else they serve. I was there 2 weeks ago and ate there 3 times in a week. Also love their chicken salad and would give about anything for that recipe about now. God it's good.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top