• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crap on the beach

New posts
Wow SJ. Giving them back their chairs after they got ansty with you? :shock:
You are so nice. I would have used them as a frisbee, aimed at the head, and told them to catch. :bang:
 
"I wasn't lost, I just didn't know where I was for a few weeks. What I had lost (at least for a while) was my appetite for the life I had left: city surroundings, old friends, familiar comforts. It had occurred to me that comfort was only a disguise for what will always change." -- Gretel Ehrlich - The Solace of Open Spaces

-love that quote sj-

So sorry the idiots ruined your morning kayak. It is inconsiderate and ignorant to leave your things on the beach. GET A CLUE PEOPLE!!!!!
Oh, and digging large holes on the beach is very dangerous. I knew of at least one childhood friend to die this way. Tunnels are a bad idea as well. common sense is a hard thing to come by these days, no?
 
We enjoyed a Friday on the beach last week and I was very surprised at all the things that were left. It was hard to find a place to park the truck bc of all the belongings left. I did think about picking up some new chairs...
 
This morning in Seacrest there were about 15- 20 pop up tents (some without tops, all with crap under them) within a block of our access on either side. Never seen so many at once. Considered making a sign for our access path. Went bike riding with the Mers instead.
 
katie blue said:
This morning in Seacrest there were about 15- 20 pop up tents (some without tops, all with crap under them) within a block of our access on either side. Never seen so many at once. Considered making a sign for our access path. Went bike riding with the Mers instead.

:clap_1: :cool:
"It's a jolly holiday with Mermaid."
 
Beach Crazy said:
Did you hear about the kid in California that was digging to China beside his mother at the beach and the hole caved in on him? He was without oxygen for like 5 minutes
Yes, saw them on TV. And the mom ended the whole story by saying she wanted to let everyone know it's dangerous to dig big holes at the beach and not to do it. I'm hoping maybe their story and her word of caution impacted someone who's never thought about it.
SJ, you skeery.
 
While I commend SJ for standing up to these mullet-heads, you can bet there are dozens of other idiots standing in line to take their place.

For some odd reason, folks who vacation in Sowal (among other places) seem to think they have some divine right to trash whatever they want because they are spending money in the area. They seem to think no further than their own little world of enjoyment.

Like I've said a jillion times, no one has any manners anymore.

The county/TDC needs to do a better job of educating and enforcing. If there is no law on the books about crap being left overnight on the beach, there needs to be. And it needs to be enforced.
 
SJ,

Remember when I told you there was a business in this. Lets get with Walton County and see if we can make a nightly swoop. We pick it all up every night and bring to Caring and sharing. Caring and Sharing begins to sell beach stuff to tourist and they make money and we get a nice big tax break! I got the truck and I bet I could get authorized to do it..... :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top