• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crap on the beach

New posts
We dug up rental chairs and footrests, tents, poles, shovels, coolers...
the worst were the poles that were buried that we just could'nt dig out--I know that people leave crap around, but it amazed me that only a handful of people showed up to clean up a beachful of %*it!!!
Has anyone talked to rental companies about flyers or notes in houses! I had people tell me that this year there were flyers out regarding fireworks when they checked in--did anyone pay attention to those????
Maybe we should just pay attention to Paul and Heather's divorce--this seems to be getting us no where--- :bang:
 
waterbaby said:
Believe me--I was on the beach early in the am last year after the Tropical Storm--we were feverishly trying to dig out tents, coolers, chairs, etc--and where were the owners??? I couldn't believe that people would walk away from that much crap being buried or carried out to sea--My son pulled up what he thought was a beach toy, and it was a helmet-with shells covering it-possibly from a ship --obviously it had been out there a while and had washed ashore. We brought as much as we could to the trash-but the sand covered so much of it as fast as we could try to dig it out--
that's not my point-
We need to EDUCATE---not steal-- :confused:

After digging out these items from the beach after the storm, was this not an education for you? :blink: It's not stealing if it is left there, and found floating in the water, or removed because a gull was poking around looking for goodies. As far as owners being responsible for cleaning up after tourists on the beach, there are many owners on this Board who if they can physically get there to do storm clean up for detached fly away items. Many other owners can not and should not have to go the beach to clean up after their guests.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Since I don't own a beach rental, how would you suggest that I begin educating them? I do think education should be a big focus, but help me, help them. It isn't like I want their beach crap, and I certainly don't have room for all the tents and chairs at my house. I would rather not have to try digging their crap out of the water and sand. For the record, many people leave much trash around those tents. Some may not, but plenty do. I cannot tell you how many price tags for beach crap and plastic umbrella sleeves that I dig out of the sand. It gets rather old and boring, and I would rather be enjoying all of my time at the beach rather than part of my time at the beach. I feel as though bringing up the topic on this board is in some part, educating. I know that I am not preaching only to the choir. Ask the silent people who I caught in SoWal shirts at the beach who left their crap out there for a week. It was only after I posted their photo, that a friend of theirs responded and talked to them. I gave them three days warning that I would post the photo if they didn't remove their crap. So, there are people listening. Learn.

Why don't we all pitch in for a sign to be towed behind a plane that reads "pick up your crap"! :rolling:
 
30A Skunkape said:
Why don't we all pitch in for a sign to be towed behind a plane that reads "pick up your crap"! :rolling:

:clap_1: Now that is a great idea. Where do I send the check? :lol:
 
A reminder that you may be banned, and posts will be deleted regarding the purchase or sale of items from the beach on SoWal.com unless it involves the original owner.

Sorry, company policy.
 
kurt said:
A reminder that you may be banned, and posts will be deleted regarding the purchase or sale of items from the beach on SoWal.com unless it involves the original owner.

Sorry, company policy.
Abandoned Beach Crap - Free to a caring home! Original owners need not apply. :D :idontno:
 
Smiling JOe said:
Abandoned Beach Crap - Free to a caring home! Original owners need not apply. :D :idontno:

SJ- Kate just noticed your froggie avatar, and wants to know if those little black things on the hand holding the frog are frog poops. This is a thread about crap, after all.
 
jdarg said:
SJ- Kate just noticed your froggie avatar, and wants to know if those little black things on the hand holding the frog are frog poops. This is a thread about crap, after all.
Not poop. It is dirt. However, the phrase, "scare the crap out of something," does often fit when handle animals. They will poop and pee on you if they are trying to escape or frightened, fearing for their life. I have learned to hold them very gently and lovingly when picking them up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top