• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crazy Thing in the Water!

New posts

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
I parked at the beach access in Grayton this morning, looked out at the water, and saw a HUGE floating military thing- maybe a hovercraft? Really loud (like a tractor), lots of spray and smoke. It was heading west, then stopped, kicked up lots of splash and smoke, then turned around and headed beack towards PCB.

It was nuts! :shock: Did anyone else see this?

Oh yeah- other crazy thing. There were lots of crab pieces and parts washing up from Grayton down past Gulf Trace. The largest shells were about the size of my palm, and they were tan with some burgundy- I ahve never seen these before. I wonder what caused them all to die?
 
I parked at the beach access in Grayton this morning, looked out at the water, and saw a HUGE floating military thing- maybe a hovercraft? Really loud (like a tractor), lots of spray and smoke. It was heading west, then stopped, kicked up lots of splash and smoke, then turned around and headed beack towards PCB.

It was nuts! :shock: Did anyone else see this?

Oh yeah- other crazy thing. There were lots of crab pieces and parts washing up from Grayton down past Gulf Trace. The largest shells were about the size of my palm, and they were tan with some burgundy- I ahve never seen these before. I wonder what caused them all to die?
The crazy thing in the water! :floor:
 
Military hovercraft...
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hovercraft[/ame]

very common to see these in the area
 
We've seen these things many times before.

Ms Seaside, as she sits in her beach chair and rolls her eyes at me:
"Your tax dollars at work. Now get up and get me another Margarita":rofl::clap:
 
I walked the beach this morning near Pompano Joes and noticed the crab pieces everywhere too, very strange. I've never noticed it before. :idontno:
 
I walked the beach this morning near Pompano Joes and noticed the crab pieces everywhere too, very strange. I've never noticed it before. :idontno:

And they were all picked over, right? I wonder if the large flocks of birds feeding out in the Gulf are feeding on these little crabs, and their pieces are washing in? It looked like a massacre!
 
The other Crazy Thing you will see sometimes is in the air flying up the beach, not the water. It's a V-22 Osprey, which looks sort of like first like a twin engine propellor airplane, but with the biggest props you've ever seen. Sort of a cross between a helicopter and an airplane.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top