• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crust

New posts

spaglioni

Beach Lover
On Highway 98...you guys broke my heart. After having a fine dinner there, and being surprised you are not just a pizza and sandwich shoppe, I made reservations for my wife and daughters to dine with you. I was traveling in Philadelphia and called them excited to hear how they liked my new find. My wife's response..."it was okay, the service was terrible, no one said anything to us for 10 minutes!". Man she was pi**ed.


I'll still come to you for the best baked bread on 98, but do something about the service. Come on, I want you to survive, but if you don't give good service, what's the use?
 
Oh my! A whole ten minutes! That's equal to 14.2 seconds in SoWal beach time.:D

This is not Atlanta - labor is in short supply AND it is end of summer an restaurant folks are exhausted. Let's give them a break. annd by the way Crust is awesome and worth the wait.
 
Hey, I like Crust as well...constructive observation. What if it had been an important client to impress with a recommendation and that happens? But to not acknowledge them for 10 minutes...no excuse. I'm just saying they need to make the service consistent. At least train the staff to acknowledge them, get them some water and bread. But no interaction for 10 minutes? Atlanta, SRB or LA...that's not acceptable and they should know it.
 
A friend of mine was just down here two weeks ago. Nobody helped them for more than 10 minutes. Said the food was just OK and that their waiter was horrible. He honestly felt the guy had been drinking...
 
I'm surprised to hear these reports... lots of locals absolutely love the food, small atmosphere and intimate dinners where you can byo wine. I have not stopped in recently but had one of the best pizzas ever there a while ago. I think it is a hidden gem where you go and relax, and accept the laid back service like a few other gems around town where you know what to expect (and where service is not great due to lack of staffing). If service is important to you, then maybe its not your kind of place.
 
Hey, like I said I'm just commenting hoping Crust gets the message. Great food does not cancel out terrible service. Who would want to wait for 10 minutes without being acknowledged? If the service does not improve, I don't care how good the food is, they will not get repeat business.
 
If service is important to you?

Is there any diner to whom service is not important? I love a relaxed atmosphere and understand things can get busy, but having your presence acknowledged in a small place doesn't seem like a big request.
 
Went there on a rainy day (of many) earlier in the spring because kids wanted pizza and requested half peperoni half cheese and was treated like a rube. I understand that is not the focus of their offering but it made me sad to have gone there innocently and been embarrassed.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top