• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Custom Cut Meats

New posts
Modica Market in Seaside is the only place I know of that is close. It is excellent quality. I believe they have Ribeye and Filet.
 
I think Winn Dixie is the only grocery store around here with a butcher in house, if they still have one. I haven't been to W/D in years. Everywhere else I've seen around here has pre-cut meats. Are you looking for a weird cut, or seldom seen cut like bone-in Ribeye?
 
your terminology confuses me. What do you mean, "cut to order?" Are you meaning freshly cut? If they are normal cuts, you should be able to find many cuts of steaks in the usual places. There is not a local butcher on 30A.
 
I would ask at Publix if they can accommodate special requests if you call ahead.

I know exactly what you want/mean, but don't think we have a good ol' fashioned butcher locally. Maybe there is one in the larger general area. :idontno:
 
It's crazy to me that grocery stores don't have butchers! I'm luck to have 2 small independent grocery stores that do and a grayt meat market close by.
To me that's like years ago,when I ask about something in service merchandise and they had no jeweler in house.:angry:
 
It's crazy to me that grocery stores don't have butchers! I'm luck to have 2 small independent grocery stores that do and a grayt meat market close by.
To me that's like years ago,when I ask about something in service merchandise and they had no jeweler in house.:angry:

I am almost positive Publix has a butcher. The one at Grand Blvd has work there for years.
 
Since someone mentioned bone-in Ribeye, I'm going to put in a plug for Bruno's Angus beef. A friend of mine gave me one of their bone-in ribeyes that was on sale recently, and it was really delicious. I went back and got some more and a couple of other cuts of Angus beef for the freezer. I can't say I particularly care for the rest of Bruno's, but their Angus beef is really good. :wub:
You can check out the weekly sales on the internet.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top