• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cypress Dunes?

New posts

stillwaiting

Beach Crab
Hello! I own a lot in Cypress Dunes and would like to build a home there. I have some concerns about the the many claims against homeowners failure to pay association dues. Most importantly, according to Walton County tax records JWH has yet to pay their 2007 property taxes for the majority of their properties in Walton County. I would appreciate anyone's comments.
 
I was thinking about the same thing when I drove past Nature Walk the other day. Without dues being paid, no one is there to maintain existing facilities, and if they go in disrepair for too long, some things will be very costly to repair/replace.

I'd suggest talking to an real estate attorney to see if there is any action you can take, so that the property can be maintained properly.
 
The grounds are fine. My real question is about JWH and whether anyone has heard anything regarding JWH not paying taxes on majority of their walton county properties (according to Walton County tax records). Does anyone know if JWH is looking to sell and/or partner with another group?
 
I know their sales are lacking in CD and another of his developments on Thompson Rd. Looking up tax records should be easy enough. Go to www.waltonpa.com and pull up the property to get the Parcel id, and then click on Tax Records, which will take you to the Tax Collector's website, where you can see payments made, or not made.
 
Hello! I own a lot in Cypress Dunes and would like to build a home there. I have some concerns about the the many claims against homeowners failure to pay association dues. Most importantly, according to Walton County tax records JWH has yet to pay their 2007 property taxes for the majority of their properties in Walton County. I would appreciate anyone's comments.

You're doing a wise thing by asking the right questions before going in too deep....non-payment of association dues and taxes is going to be costly for honorable property owners in some of the subdivisions and condos.
 
Is this developer a felon or have a criminal past? Seems that should be disclosed upfront. Might give potential property owners a heads up on management style. If not, the development name sounds familar to one that has similar problems.
 
I have heard nothing but good things about that particular developer. Don't know him personally, but know many people who do. Never heard of any criminal behavior regarding him or his company.
 
I know JW personally, and his reputation is great. I do not work for him, but have worked closely with him on several projects, and his dealings with me have always been straight forward and honest. His employees speak extremely well of him, in fact I can honestly say that I have heard no negative comments about him personally. I could sight specific examples, but he would probably frown upon that should he read this. As with every developmetn down here, he has been approached by venture capitalists with low ball offers and has listened, but that is all.
 
cypress dunes/

It's amazing how things get twisted. YellowHammer, I said nothing about his reputation in my posts. I know he has a good reputation. The neighborhood is lovely and we want to build. I only stated what was in public record. As a lot owner we are concerned. However, you did answer my question about anyone approaching to buy him out.
 
stillwaiting, DuneLaker brought up the question of criminal behavior. Just nipping that in the bud before it does get twisted around.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top