• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

D&K Cafe - superb!

New posts
D&K got a four star review across the board from the Daily News today. And Colleen Caulfield really doesn't give those out to upscale restaurants very often.

:wave: Thank you beachmouse for being the first one to post this! You were quick to read it!!! It was a great review for us and made me cry just to read that Colleen gets what we are trying to accomplish. Sometimes food critics don't take the time to really hear what your saying or notice what you're doing....sometimes all they hear, taste, and notice is themselve. Colleen Coffield Sachs has an incredible ability and Doug and I respect her so much!!!

Thanks again! Kat:biggrin: :blush: ;-)
 
:wave: Thank you Ocean Lover! You are always there to congratulate everyone...you're one of a kind!!! I love your avitar....makes me feel good!

Nighty Night....I'm off to bed;-)
 
kfunn and i stopped in and had some cheese cake there last night.
it was so yummy :bow:
wish i could have some now :(

What a surprise to see jfunn and kfunn come walking in about 10:30 last night. We cozied up to the bar and I got to hear all about their day at Crab Island.....and more! :rolling: We laughed so hard....it was a grayt end to the night! Okay, now post those pictures we took last night...jfunn & kfunn with Kelly in a bow tie, jfunn and kfunn with a magnum bottle of Pierre Jouet, spoonfuls of Bananas Foster Cheesecake....what funn! I love it when ya'll drop buy for a visit!!!!:clap: :clap:

:wub: Kat :drink2:
 
Congrats Dave and Kat!!!! I'm sooooo hungry for your seafood dip and bread. Yuuuuuummmmmmm!!!!!! :biggrin:

:wave: Gypsea.....we still have that seafood dip.....been on our menu since 1993. But Doug's created some new appetizers that are now topping the list for favorites. :drool:

Are you coming to Sowal soon? Thanks for the congrats!!!! :bow:

Kat:wave:
:welcome:
 
I have a long overdue review. I took my mom to D&K's a couple of weeks ago. I was very worried about the night because 1) I am always leery of New Orleans style food outside of New Orleans, I'm used to the real thing and 2) my mom never likes upscale restaurants. The first thing that impressed me was the quality of wines by the glass...my mother doesn't drink so I usually never get a decent glass of wine when we go out to dinner so kudoes! I started with a seafood martini and it was the freshest, most delectable thing I've ever tasted. I wake in the night with cravings for it now! Next, I had one of the steaks...I thought it was risky to order, but the only thing I've ever had that was even comparable in New Orleans was at Emeril's NOLA before the storm. It was exquisite. The best surprise, however, was that my mom enjoyed it. My mom is not a foodie. She is very thin and chooses food based on whether or not it will help her keep her weight up...she loves Krystal and Little Debbie cakes. Sometimes I wonder if she was born without tastebuds. I've taken her to all my favorite restaurants in New Orleans...the only thing she really liked was Bud's Broiler...a hamburger joint. As we were leaving she remarked, "That was the best steak. I finished it." It was basically a miracle.

Thanks, Kathy -- not only for my little sister, but for a rare great dinner out with my mom!:wub:
 
We are coming down for a month and my plan is to eat at D&K's for our anniversary dinner. What would you all say are your favorite dishes there?
 
We are coming down for a month and my plan is to eat at D&K's for our anniversary dinner. What would you all say are your favorite dishes there?
I'll let you know....:biggrin: Will be there next week!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top