• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

D & K's [closed]

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

graytonfan

Beach Comber
Anyone know the current scoop on DK's. We used to love when it was casual w/ open deck. Last year it was open as fine dining...a little less accesible but still good food. Are they currently open?
 
I thought it was still open but had just been sold...
 
It has been sold or leased. I think it will re-open under the name of "Shorty's" but that could be wrong. There is a posting on the side of the building explaining the re-opening and what they expect to do in the future. I don't remember the details as it has been a couple of weeks since I read the message.
 
Unfortunately closed..No more Seafood Dip!!!.....but the one that I really will miss when I am there next month is the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp over Grits Appetizer....I used to make that my meal along with a cup of Gumbo..that was a good place that I found much too late
 
It has been sold or leased. I think it will re-open under the name of "Shorty's" but that could be wrong. There is a posting on the side of the building explaining the re-opening and what they expect to do in the future. I don't remember the details as it has been a couple of weeks since I read the message.

Andy, this is also what I heard from the guy who had leased the space when I was there for the soiree.
 
Anyone know the current scoop on DK's. We used to love when it was casual w/ open deck. Last year it was open as fine dining...a little less accesible but still good food. Are they currently open?

:wave: Hi Deb this is Kat from D&K's. Yep we are closed, but a new neat restaurant is going in our place. From what I hear they have done a lot of work there and will be upstairs and downstairs. God Bless them :clap: Doug and I wish we had it like that all those years. Anyway check the building for information when they will be opening. I hear he named it after his dog who has passed away. :wub: So cool being that it's in Grayton!!!! Thanks for asking about us!


It has been sold or leased. I think it will re-open under the name of "Shorty's" but that could be wrong. There is a posting on the side of the building explaining the re-opening and what they expect to do in the future. I don't remember the details as it has been a couple of weeks since I read the message.

Thanks for that information Andy A.! I thought I would let them come on SoWal and give the information out when they were ready.

Unfortunately closed..No more Seafood Dip!!!.....but the one that I really will miss when I am there next month is the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp over Grits Appetizer....I used to make that my meal along with a cup of Gumbo..that was a good place that I found much too late

Thanks so much Green Knight for your kind words. :bow: See the thread "What if D&K's...." that I just posted.
 
thanks

Thanks all for the info and Kat, we will be there if you open anything new. D&K's gumbo has always been one of my favorite Grayton things.:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top