• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dangerous Situation Developing in Blue Mountain Beach

New posts
I would simmer down a little on the beach sign thing here. Looks like they want to keep tourists (and especially their kids) off the dunes. The dunes are what stand between us and a hurricane surge. It drives me up the wall when a family from Atlanta lets their kids trounce all over them and the fragile plants that hold them together.

The snake warning signs are in addition to the numerous dune conservation signs. Do you really think that "Warning: Snakes in Dunes" is an appropriate way to keep tourists off the dunes? The ends don't justify the means.
 
What snakes? I have lived in BMB permenantly since 2003 within 50 yds of the dunes and have yet to see a snake on them. Maybe that they just prefer the "elite" of the Retreat? ALL SIGNS ON THE BEACH need to be removed!

Is this Andy the Mohawk driver?
 
The snake warning signs are in addition to the numerous dune conservation signs. Do you really think that "Warning: Snakes in Dunes" is an appropriate way to keep tourists off the dunes? The ends don't justify the means.

Scaring the tourons? All day, every day.
 
Scaring the tourons? All day, every day.

I guess we really shouldn't worry about what happens to the "private property" of the Retreat. I'd rather see signs that say "Pirate Gold: Dig Here". Maybe hand out treasure maps in Seaside. Let the tourists go apeshit in their dunes. The Retreat won't share, so why should we care.
 
What snakes? I have lived in BMB permenantly since 2003 within 50 yds of the dunes and have yet to see a snake on them. Maybe that they just prefer the "elite" of the Retreat? ALL SIGNS ON THE BEACH need to be removed!

I agree about the signs but not the snakes. In the 25 years we have owned here I have seen 3 snakes in the dunes. One used to come regularly and sun on our patio at Emerald Hill (which is one reason we no longer live there). We had a ground floor gulf front condo with a patio about 20 feet from the dune. Actually after Dennis the patio was hanging about 10 feet over the dune! One snake was at Seaside and the other at One Seagrove Place in the dunes. Not saying they have any snakes (without legs) at The Retreat- just saying there are snakes in the dunes.
 
Well, I stand corrected. One of our renters saw a snake on the dune this last week.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top