• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dead Sea Turtle photos

New posts

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
I was hesitant to post these photos because they are kinda gross. This is the Sea Turtle that washed up at Blue Mountain yesterday. In one photo you can see where a boat prop hit its back. I am sure this is what killed it.
 
Re: Dead Sea Turtle

Good question, but out of my field of knowledge. It does appear to be a Leatherback which is on the endangered list, and it is also the world's largest turtle, which can grow to around 7ft.
 
Last edited:
Re: Dead Sea Turtle

That's a shame. :( With the surf being so rough of late, I wonder if they could have seen the turtle at all?
 
Re: Dead Sea Turtle

That's a shame. :( With the surf being so rough of late, I wonder if they could have seen the turtle at all?
The water was fairly murky yesterday and today. Either way, one less very rare turtle has been killed. I don't know any boat captain who would try to run over a SeaTurtle, so I am sure that it was accidental. Just shows the unforseen consequences of man's activities.
 
:( Just curious, what happens if a turtle gets stuck in one of those huge caverns dug on the beach that don't get filled in? Could they be buried alive. I know people can bust their a$$ cuz I've done it at night in just a little hole but still it was rather jolting. :shock: :blush: :floor:
 
Thats really makes me sad. I allways wonder when I take my boat out can the sealife get out of the way when im going 25 miles an hour on my way to my fishing spot. It would crush me if I found out that I did somthing like that.:(
 
I've seen worse, I've found four dead dophins, seven Alantic stergines and etc in much worse condistion that one.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top