• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Debate Analysis and Opinions

New posts
the "Middle Class" whom the democ. candidates seem to be having a hard time coming down to our level. Do you really think that Obama or Biden will be there fightening for us. No, there will bethere spending our money on no telling what. But that is the history of the Demc. party anyway.
 
Try being the governor of the second largest state in the nation. Creating a budget, running a state surplus creating a pipeline for oil, etc. I hope you get the general picture. She is no slouch and no dummy, regardless of what the Obama camp would like us to believe.
i could balance california's budget with enough wells and 100 barrel oil, and i would say, outside of christian conservatives, which would be three quarters of the electorate, palin is not viewed as the best choice mccain could have made.
 
I felt Palin's words were completely scripted, and as the questions came out, she pulled out one of her memorized scripts for the topic (taxes, Iraq, etc). She obviously worked very hard in Sedona this week, but even though her handlers inserted her folksy phrases and facial expressions, her words were completely rehearsed.

I think she completely appealed to those who wanted to be appealed to, and didn't completely horrify those of us who were expecting the worst.


I'm sorry my previous quote was suppose to go with this one.
 
When the left bump heads with a conservative, pro-life, moose hunting, female exec who once won a beauty pageant, their heads tend to esplode. After that they tend to fall off the wagon and start calling her names - she's fat, an idiot, a bimbo in high heels. Sound familiar? :lol:

actually, none of those names sound familiar, at least not in my circle. but I have heard "Bush in a dress".


Geo - I agree with you completely. I do not believe Palin "won" the debate in terms of debate skill, rules, etc. but she did win because she was able to recite her mini-speeches very well - the bar was so low, and she exceeded everyone's expectations (even her supporters), so she appears to be the winner overall. too bad it has to be like that. especially with a woman.

I had a feeling she would be well prepared because she does give pretty good speeches. pandering right out of a can. complete lack of depth. but she did it. and she did reach out to many with her folksy manner.
 
I think Palin won for several reasons. Palin's spirited debate with Biden will help McCain maximize his time and campaign spending, and keep his base energized and working up to the election.
 
I think Palin won for several reasons. Palin's spirited debate with Biden will help McCain maximize his time and campaign spending, and keep his base energized and working up to the election.

So do you see abandoning all hope in Michigan in order to hang onto Indiana as a positive?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top