• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Debate Analysis and Opinions

New posts
Since Palin did not totally suck, does it mean no more Tina Fey?
 
She is no-Dick Cheney...and without the ability to string sentences together:floor:

Pleasant? By your standards maybe.:roll:

Pleasant to most people except libnuts so hell-bent on winning they can't differentiate between politics and reality.


So do you see abandoning all hope in Michigan in order to hang onto Indiana as a positive?


Easy now...

I know that politics, religion and (what was the other one my grandma said I shouldn't discuss?) get us all hot and bothered but let's try and remove emotion and have some fun disecting what we saw and what it means...

Ya'll are so so so smart and the rest of us get so much more out of your posts when you don't go to the dark side (as my wife calls it after i have had too many martinis and say inappropriate things at her art openings- haha)...

Be nice. Pretty please and thanks...
 
Same here. It makes it better because Tina Fey is trying to be funny.
 
Walk into any major corporation with a marketing department in any major city and you will see literally thousands of Palins. The only thing missing was the projector, Power Point and a laser pointer. Palin is an expert marketer, whose learned to make it look like she has bent the rules of marketing, to sell you. Does she have analytical abilities? The only insight I have seen thus far, and proven last night, was that she has the innate ability to know when to take advantage of being at the right spot at the right time and acting like she is as American as apple pie. Does she have the analytical ability to be one of the top advisers to McCain on topics of deep relevance any better than the woman you would see employed at the above corporations, who btw, have families as well, sons who may be deployed, manage a family budget and marketing budget, kill what they eat in a non literal sense, degreed, and can wink in a presentation? No, as far as I am concerned, and if she were placed in the law or accounting division and asked to form an opinion, immediately, without any counsel, she couldn't do it.

Did she hold her own in the debate. Yes, the same way any marketing expert would who is trying to sell a product. You do your homework about the consumers, you say what they want to hear, not what they may need to hear, you talk about your assessibility, then pray they bought your bill of goods. Did I honestly believe she felt and truly understood the magnetitude of what she was trying to sell? No. The only thing that I felt any heartfelt feelings about were civil marriages.

She got her 12 minutes vs. the 2 minute question and answer period. She got more airtime, from what I can tell vs. Biden. She had her say, and hopefully, I never have to listen to her for that long ever again. If I want to get a fill of that again, I'll call a carpet cleaning salesperson. At least I'll walk away from it with a partially cleaned carpet at no cost.
 
Pleasant to most people except libnuts so hell-bent on winning they can't differentiate between politics and reality.

You've got to be kidding!:confused: Well, if that's what you like, but I'd rather be a shackled Gitmo detainee :D than have to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with the Palins. :puke: This has absolutely nothing to do with politics.
 
Walk into any major corporation with a marketing department in any major city and you will see literally thousands of Palins. The only thing missing was the projector, Power Point and a laser pointer. Palin is an expert marketer, whose learned to make it look like she has bent the rules of marketing, to sell you. Does she have analytical abilities? The only insight I have seen thus far, and proven last night, was that she has the innate ability to know when to take advantage of being at the right spot at the right time and acting like she is as American as apple pie. Does she have the analytical ability to be one of the top advisers to McCain on topics of deep relevance any better than the woman you would see employed at the above corporations, who btw, have families as well, sons who may be deployed, manage a family budget and marketing budget, kill what they eat in a non literal sense, degreed, and can wink in a presentation? No, as far as I am concerned, and if she were placed in the law or accounting division and asked to form an opinion, immediately, without any counsel, she couldn't do it.

Did she hold her own in the debate. Yes, the same way any marketing expert would who is trying to sell a product. You do your homework about the consumers, you say what they want to hear, not what they may need to hear, you talk about your assessibility, then pray they bought your bill of goods. Did I honestly believe she felt and truly understood the magnetitude of what she was trying to sell? No. The only thing that I felt any heartfelt feelings aout were about civil marriages.

She got her 12 minutes vs. the 2 minute question and answer period. She got more airtime, from what I can tell vs. Biden. She had her say, and hopefully, I never have to listen to her for that long ever again. If I want to get a fill of that again, I'll call a carpet cleaning salesperson.

Hi Mango,

I offer no disagreement but in the words of my homies-

"Hate the Game, Not the Player"...
 
Nice analysis Mango. Sarah Palin is interested in one thing: Sarah Palin.

Has anyone caught the smiley-winky undermining of McCain that has already begun? First she said in the debate that she was going to try to get McCain to see her side of a certain issue -- I can't remember which one, but it was startling because that is NOT what VP candidates are there for. Period. You do not say that "out loud."

Then today, high off her positive reviews, possibly pondering the breadth of the Constitutional rights of a VP (not to mention McCain's advanced age), she actually said on record that 1) she was not told McCain was pulling out of Michigan and 2) she was trying to get them to change their minds. This tells me two things: this is not a solid "team of mavericks," not by a long shot. And also: if this "team" is going to go down, she is going to lay the groundwork for her return to the national stage, you betcha.

I have read way more about Sarah Palin than is healthy, I admit. But it is clear that everything revolves about her, she tells small lies and whoppers with total ease, and she is not interested in working with people who do not make her own interests a priority. Troopergate is a small but important and possibly devastating example. I do not want that woman anywhere near the White House. I think I am being rational. At first I thought she was interesting. Now I just think she is scary.
 
Hi Mango,

I offer no disagreement but in the words of my homies-

"Hate the Game, Not the Player"...

She's not a player. She's a pawn. ;-)
 
Since Palin did not totally suck, does it mean no more Tina Fey?

Say it ain't so, Joe. ;-)

Nice analysis Mango. Sarah Palin is interested in one thing: Sarah Palin.

Then today, high off her positive reviews, possibly pondering the breadth of the Constitutional rights of a VP (not to mention McCain's advanced age), she actually said on record that 1) she was not told McCain was pulling out of Michigan and 2) she was trying to get them to change their minds. This tells me two things: this is not a solid "team of mavericks," not by a long shot. And also: if this "team" is going to go down, she is going to lay the groundwork for her return to the national stage, you betcha.

By definition, a "team of mavericks" is not possible.

I hesitate to say this, but I have a truly visceral dislike of Sarah Palin. And I don't think I'd be considered a "lib-nut." Until very recently, I've been a registered Republican my entire adult life (now Independent), and I've voted Republican in every presidential race thus far. I'm not this time because there are no Republicans running, and unbeknownst to me at the time, there wasn't one running in the previous two elections, either. Palin strikes me as the pretty girl with certain "skiils" who never had to try that hard to get what she wanted, and acts shocked and surprised to find that others who actually do the work are offended by her unearned success. But still feels entitled because, well. . . she wants it. Sarah Palin may be the only person alive who makes me miss Hillary Clinton.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top