• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Delta Grill Freeport

New posts
Where's the Delta Grill? In Freeport I assume, but where at? I live outside Freeport and have never seen it.:idontno:
 
In the new plaza on HWY 331 South, about quarter mile before 20. It was the Big Ciy Grill.
 
i've been twice and it was excellent both times!!
handmade food that is delicious and very cheap. i'm ready to go again.
p.s.it's not just meat, had a great fresh pompano and another shrimp entree.
 
Glad you are enjoying the Delta Kitchen! Thanks for all the kind words and stopping by. I hope to see you soon!

Delta
 
My mom, sister and niece ate there tonight....THEY LOVED IT! Seeing that my mother has NEVER eaten ANYTHING that she likes, this says a lot. They all agreed that the key lime pie was the best they ever tasted. And to top it all off, they washed it down with a yummy black-berry milkshake. I am going to have to get me some of that for sure.
 
I was originally inspired to try Delta Kitchen from a post in another thread by Scott Alderson.

I had the real pleasure of eating there twice this weekend and wrote a detailed account with pictures of some of the dishes on my blog. Click Here to view. Don't forget to click on the pictures to enlarge.

We really enjoyed both visits and will be back again!
 
I tried it Friday for lunch and had a "real" hamburger and a side of sweet potato fries that were both great.:D

But, if I'm being honest the item that impressed me the most was the complimentary boiled peanuts:wub:... I've been wantin' some for a while - these were seasoned perfectly! They should sell em'!
 
I want to tell everyone about a problem I have with Delta Kitchen -- It is freaking delicious, and that means my belly may grow in size, because Delta Kitchen will be that little voice in the back of my head, saying, "eat at Delta Kitchen, today!" Holy Cow! That is some good food! I'll tell you this, it ain't your typical meat and three. I was impressed when I saw the plate of food, and was as impressed with the quality and taste. For Freeport, some menu items are a little pricey, but not enough to keep you from making another trip to eat at Delta Kitchen. They do have some lesser priced-items to offer you a choice. I can highly recommend the boneless hand breaded delicious fried chicken, and the perfectly seasoned fried okra (did I mention that I'm a sucker for fried food? -- I'm in trouble!), and the green beans were the best I've ever eaten, and I've had my share of green beans.

We beat the lunch crowd in, and got a good seat, and were greeted by our server, who quickly came back with the best-tasting boiled peanuts, which 30aBob was bragging about. I grew up the son of a peanut farmer and I know good boiled peanuts. These were excellent. I even thought about coming back for lazy afternoons, and getting some to go. Forrest, the owner of Delta Kitchen, was behind the counter, keeping things rolling, and one of the best SoWalling chefs was working hard in the kitchen, making everything very tasty with his cooking skills. That man knows how to cook some good food -- not the first time I ate his cookin'.

Not much time passed, and I turned around to a dining room filled with people. I mean filled. There were no open seats, and a small gathering were waiting outside for the next table. There is some seating outside, but it was a little too cold for that, even though the Sun is shining. The location of Delta Grill is a little out of the way for many people, even though it is not too far from the center of Freeport. One way to tell that the food is great, other than the raving reviews, is the fact that the location is mediocre, but the restaurant was filled, and they have been open for less than one month, really only a week or two. That is impressive. Word of mouth travels faster than internet speeds when there is good food involved.

Forrest, best of luck to you in this greatly needed restaurant! Unfortunately for my belly, I'll see you again. Scott, thanks for working so hard in the kitchen to make it all taste so good!
 
... I grew up the son of a peanut farmer and I know good boiled peanuts. These were excellent. I even thought about coming back for lazy afternoons, and getting some to go...

Growing up my front yard was a 20 acre peanut field... I can still smell a pot of boiling peanuts if I close my eyes real tight. I can't remember watching a Saturday afternoon UGA football game without a giant bowl/bag/plate/pile of them.

It's been almost a week since I ate at the Delta and the "call of the goober" is getting louder and louder!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top