• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dennis - Beach Accesses - post here

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
just downloaed noaa aerial pics for sampling sites - thanks for the link (ther damage thread)- all look quite normal - dont build for 1/8 mile from the edge and leave the beach replenishment/scrapeing dune building to mother nature - hawaii beautiful but turtle tagging very hard work - miss white even gray sand - see yall in one more very long week
 
kurt said:
Inlet Beach access is really a small park with lots of parking. Don't forget the State Parks.

The state parks are fantastic (Grayton Beach State Park) but I'm not sure there's access. If there's access to the state parks, we'll try those as well. Where are the ones with access right now (if you know this)?

thanks!
 
[QUOTE by kurt] Grayton to the east or Gulfview Heights or Ed Walline to the west.[/QUOTE]





Thanks Kurt ,and the map comes in very handy also. :D
 
Paula said:
The state parks are fantastic (Grayton Beach State Park) but I'm not sure there's access. If there's access to the state parks, we'll try those as well. Where are the ones with access right now (if you know this)?

thanks!

Topsail Hill has walk on. I'll check on the status of the others. Eden State Gardens on the bayou in Point Washington is a must see.
 
kurt said:
Topsail Hill has walk on. I'll check on the status of the others. Eden State Gardens on the bayou in Point Washington is a must see.

Thanks, if I can get the kids away from the pool, we'll have a lot of fun exploring. I'll tempt them with food and restaurants. I am truly looking forward to exploring more -- it's too easy to get comfortable in one's own part of SoWal and one's favorite spots and never explore the other parts of the area! This is particularly true of those of us who don't live there or get there as often as we'd like.
 
Kurt- do you happen to know anything about beach access for periwinkle lane/ seagrove beach west? I will be there on Sunday and we were just curious. Thank you for all of your help.
karrie
 
kurt said:
Topsail Hill has walk on. I'll check on the status of the others. Eden State Gardens on the bayou in Point Washington is a must see.

All the parks are open - Grayton SP walkovers are gone but they have walk on access through the dunes.

They are working in Topsail now and they have walk on.

Deer Lake has no access but you can walk down the very long boardwalk to the gulf through the awesome dunes for sightseeing.
 
kareshack said:
Kurt- do you happen to know anything about beach access for periwinkle lane/ seagrove beach west? I will be there on Sunday and we were just curious. Thank you for all of your help.
karrie

I'm not sure where periwinkle lane is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top