• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dennis - Photos

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
As a reminder, only registered users can access the photo albums. I will be posting many more photos of SoWal later tonight and later in the week. They will be in the Photo Gallery, under the album name of Smiling JOe. Some are fun and some are not so fun.

On another note, thanks to all who sent your good energy this way. I certainly felt it, and it kept me safe and warm (or what that the A/C going out yesterday morning?). I appreciate being part of such a great community. Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it. Just keep the love going around. That is truely what makes this area what it is. Ask anyone, it is not just the beach. There is plenty of beach around this country, but it is people sharing that makes this area so fun. Keep up the good work.

For everyone wanting to help clean the beaches, your help is needed. There is plenty of small debris on the beach, and thankfully, most of the big stuff is at the inlet of Oyster Lake in one big pile. I did not forge Western Lake, but the other side may have some larger debris.
 
Re: Photos

Your timely photos and good humor are very much appreciated. Thank you for all
you have done. :clap_1:
 
Re: Photos

Smiling JOe said:
As a reminder, only registered users can access the photo albums. I will be posting many more photos of SoWal later tonight and later in the week. They will be in the Photo Gallery, under the album name of Smiling JOe. Some are fun and some are not so fun.

On another note, thanks to all who sent your good energy this way. I certainly felt it, and it kept me safe and warm (or what that the A/C going out yesterday morning?). I appreciate being part of such a great community. Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it. Just keep the love going around. That is truely what makes this area what it is. Ask anyone, it is not just the beach. There is plenty of beach around this country, but it is people sharing that makes this area so fun. Keep up the good work.

For everyone wanting to help clean the beaches, your help is needed. There is plenty of small debris on the beach, and thankfully, most of the big stuff is at the inlet of Oyster Lake in one big pile. I did not forge Western Lake, but the other side may have some larger debris.

You SJ, Are "THE MAN" :bow: :bow: :clap_1:
 
Re: Photos

Awesome photos and great info (even though hard to take). We have been renting in the SoWal area for over 10 years and now are owners in the Eastern Lake area and it is a blessing to have someone like you sending back pix and info about the area to so many of us remotely located. We have not been able to get ahold of our rental company and Walton County 800 lines only give out very little info. We just found this site in the past few days and your photos and info (and others postings) have been so needed. The Weather station and general websites just don't give enough specific info and your messages are upbeat and positive in the face of this event that it has been comforting on many levels. Thanks again for your postings. Keep them coming. :laughing1 :clap_1:
 
Re: Photos

Waterman said:
You SJ, Are "THE MAN" :bow: :bow: :clap_1:
No, Waterman, YOU are the man. Thanks! I have to let everyone know -- WaterMan gave me a very large memory card (digital film for you non-technos) a while back, so you should be thanking him for the photos. I would not have been able to take so many photos otherwise. Thanks again WaterMan! :clap_1: You are a very generous person and are very much a part of my community, even if you do live in California most of the time.
 
Re: Photos

wetwilly said:
Awesome photos and great info (even though hard to take). We have been renting in the SoWal area for over 10 years and now are owners in the Eastern Lake area and it is a blessing to have someone like you sending back pix and info about the area to so many of us remotely located. We have not been able to get ahold of our rental company and Walton County 800 lines only give out very little info. We just found this site in the past few days and your photos and info (and others postings) have been so needed. The Weather station and general websites just don't give enough specific info and your messages are upbeat and positive in the face of this event that it has been comforting on many levels. Thanks again for your postings. Keep them coming. :laughing1 :clap_1:
Thanks, but I am pooped, so am stopping here for a while. I still have another camera to unload, so it may be a while before I can sort through those. I am heading up to the Mountains tomorrow and may stay put for a couple of weeks if TS Emily comes this way. I enjoy being able to help you guys keep in touch from afar. Major thanks should be directed to Kurt, who is the Man behind all of this, the creator of SoWal.com and GraytonBeach.com. You should be praising this guy, who has gone out of his way to provide this direct link to all. Thanks Kurt!
 
Re: Photos

SJ, the photos are amazing, and I can only imagine how much time it took to sort and upload them all. Thanks!!
 
Re: Photos

Smiling JOe said:
Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it.

:clap_1:!! it's like Steinbeck wrote in the Grapes of Wrath...

"Where ever a delicious frosty brew is being poured and shared....I'll be there."

You are our very own Zen Master Beach Buddha, Smilin Joe.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top