• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dennis - Report from SoWal

New posts

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
We're still here hunkered down for the worst part of storm. Still have all utilities and cell service.

I'm at the Cottages of Camp Creek in the Seacrest/Camp Creek area. At this point, there doesn't seem to be much damage. The wind is pretty strong and I think/hope this is close to as bad as it is going to get. I can see a few shingles off the few roofs, but at this point, IT IS MINOR so please don't get worried.

Kurt lives in Pt. Washington where there are a lot of big trees so he may have power problems.

I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to retain power, etc., so you may not here from us again until after the storm. I'll get down to the beach as soon as I can, probably tomorrow a.m.

Take Care!! :wub:
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Thanks for the update. This is much more helpful than the debate between the "owners" and the "tourists".
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Thank you so much for the info -- PLEASE keep us posted. We have property in the Seacrest area and are desperate for any news!! The Weather Channel can drive you crazy. Our nerves are shot. Stay safe, and keep us posted when you can.
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Hang in there dude! I have a place at Capistrano just about a mile east of you. Good to hear damage is minimal so far. Luck be with you!
 
Re: Report from SoWal

For all you interested http://www.wmbb.com is our local abc channel and they are providing live streaming of their broadcasts. All the local info you'll need before, after, during the storm.
 
Re: Report from SoWal

southof30A said:
Hang in there dude! I have a place at Capistrano just about a mile east of you. Good to hear damage is minimal so far. Luck be with you!

Capistrano is just across the street--I can see it from my house, but I can't see the gulf. We're across the street from Point of View
 
Re: Report from SoWal

THANK YOU for the info. Our house is on Pelican Circle, on Camp Creek lake, so your reports are really reassuring. Please keep them coming as long as you can. We are in New Orleans and watching the Weather Channel helplessly...
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Camp Creek Kid said:
Capistrano is just across the street--I can see it from my house, but I can't see the gulf. We're across the street from Point of View
Well at least you can see it (means it's still there...).
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Camp Creek Kid said:
Capistrano is just across the street--I can see it from my house, but I can't see the gulf. We're across the street from Point of View
Ours is the 3rd and 4th floor on the east end of the building. The one with the hurricane shutters that never got put down!
 
Re: Report from SoWal

Camp Creek Kid said:
For all you interested http://www.wmbb.com is our local abc channel and they are providing live streaming of their broadcasts. All the local info you'll need before, after, during the storm.

Thanks for the updates CCK. You take care! Our next door neighbor here in Atlanta has a daughter that is a reporter for WMBB, Kira Mathis. She has been reporting some today. I think she is still in over in Bay county at this point with the Sheriff's ofc and Red Cross.

You stay safe as it look like Dennis the Menace is about to be there! We have you in our thoughts and prayers!:wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top