• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dennis - roads, traffic, evacuation & return

New posts
Smiling Joe has a much better view than I do...and I'll be joining the parade at about daybreak.

Good luck to all -
 
Lodging information for Alabama may be obtained by calling the Alabama Tourism and Travel Office at (800) 252-2262.

Georgia lodging information may be obtained by calling the Georgia Tourism Office at (800) 847-4842, which will direct callers to local visitors? bureaus in requested cities.
 
IMG_0102.JPG

Traffic is thick on the 331 bridge -- 7:00pm July 8 2005

Anyone heard from Emily? I hope she does rear her head anytime soon.
 
It took us 2-1/2 hours to get from the 395/98 intersection to the other side of the 331 bridge. A trip that normally takes us at most 4-1/4 hours took us 7. We just got home at 12:45 AM EDT. We're fried! Thankfully a friend told us to turn on Black Creek Road after crossing the bridge turn to get off 331, or we'd still be driving.
 
ShallowsNole says traffic on 331 and I-10 east toward Tallahassee this morning was heavy but steadily moving.

Bay County started their mandatory evac this morning so expect roads north out of there, Hwy 20, and I-10 east might get heavier as the day grows.
 
331 bridge report

This morning, July 9, the traffic is extremely light. Many boats can be seen moving up creeks and bayous.
 
I posted this on the Hurricane Dennis thread: saw yesterday--The Weather Channel interviewed an official from PC/PCB and he said they close their bridge when the sustained winds are at 55 mph.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top