• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Destin Chops on 30a

New posts

Bricktop

Beach Comber
Looking to take the wife there for our anniversary this weekend. Any reviews or reccomendations? Thanks!

Also, havent been here in a while, so if there is something new and better, I'm all ears.
 
Lake Place and Cafe Tango are romantic places.
 
We go to Chops for the Happy hour and Sushi. We absolutely love it. Restaurant Paradis is also fabulous. We went there for our anniversary.
 
Last edited:
Chops is the best place for happy hour and sushi! That's all I've had...Although, I heard they may have lost their famous sushi chef.
 
We're going saturday pm; special night out without kids. Heard great things about originial spot in destin, but haven't been ourselves. Any suggestions?
 
Caliza Rest. at the pool in Alys Beach - if the weather cooperates since it is basically an outside dining experience around their pool which is gorgeous.
 
I would put Onano (Rosemary Beach), Paradis (Rosemary Beach). Cafe Tango (SRB/BMB), Caliza (Alys Beach), drinks at sundown at Tarpon Club (Seaside Beach) then dinner downstairs at Bud & Ally's over Chops. If you go to Chops, go between 5:00 and 6:00 PM for their buy one get one free. I would look at their menu on line......reasonable entree prices with the BOGO, but the sides are on the hefty side. $8 for a loaded baked potato, etc. Yes, yes, yes, it's for two, but what if you don't want the same sides?

If you read the menu it says the steaks are cooked with a seasoned butter and in the online (facebook) interview with Chef Gio he says that he only seasons with salt and pepper.....no mention of butter?

And then there is the Double Airline Breast of Chicken. It just doesn't sound very appealing as someone who has flown over a million miles over the last 20 years and eaten a lot of "Airline Chicken".

Sorry if I sound so critical, this is just my opinion.
 
I would put Onano (Rosemary Beach), Paradis (Rosemary Beach). Cafe Tango (SRB/BMB), Caliza (Alys Beach), drinks at sundown at Tarpon Club (Seaside Beach) then dinner downstairs at Bud & Ally's over Chops. If you go to Chops, go between 5:00 and 6:00 PM for their buy one get one free. I would look at their menu on line......reasonable entree prices with the BOGO, but the sides are on the hefty side. $8 for a loaded baked potato, etc. Yes, yes, yes, it's for two, but what if you don't want the same sides?

If you read the menu it says the steaks are cooked with a seasoned butter and in the online (facebook) interview with Chef Gio he says that he only seasons with salt and pepper.....no mention of butter?

And then there is the Double Airline Breast of Chicken. It just doesn't sound very appealing as someone who has flown over a million miles over the last 20 years and eaten a lot of "Airline Chicken".

Sorry if I sound so critical, this is just my opinion.

Bud and Alley's over Chops? Really?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top