• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

"Developer Admits Mistake"

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Attached is a news article from the NWFDailyNews. It is a little blury, but legible. A "developer" (first project ever), David Barron, decided to clear about 27 acres in Freeport, including wetlands. His excuse was that he didn't know that he needed a permit. :floor: Sad, but true. He has been charged with two felonies for this act. His fines to date are up to around $112,000 ($1,000 per day until he corrects the problem). He is facing possible jail time. A while back, I was told that they had cut canals into the property, though I have not been on the property to see for myself.

Others included in the developing comopany, JLAB, LLC, include "Larry Anchors of Anchors Realty in Desting and James Lee, III, president and CEO of the Birmingham, Ala based Buffalo Rock Compay." (I think Buffalo Rock Co is a Pepsi producer for the south east.)
 
Smiling JOe said:
Attached is a news article from the NWFDailyNews. It is a little blury, but legible. A "developer" (first project ever), David Barron, decided to clear about 27 acres in Freeport, including wetlands. His excuse was that he didn't know that he needed a permit. :floor: /QUOTE]

:eek: It never ceases to amaze me. Any idea where this Barron is from?

Do you remember a few months back some realtor was trying to sell "shares" in a new development in Freeport. I forget the specifics but they had a preconstruction listing in the MLS and they were wanting 20% nonrefundable deposit, I think.

When I called to get the specifics, they said that the buyer is not buying a lot but a "share" in the development. Basically it looked the developer (which I believe the realtor had interest in) was trying to get capital to fund his project. :bang:
 
30A Skunkape said:
As if I needed any other reason to not drink that 'yankee brew' Pepsi :razz:

OMG!!!! Just yesterday, my son and I were in Target and next thing I know there is a carton of PEPSI in the cart!!!! I asked him why he was getting Yankee coke!!! Must be something they are teaching him at Mizzou....( I know I know Mermy...it's the Midwest!)
 
David Barron is Judge Barron's son. He has been selling real estate for years. Larry Anchors same thing. He has been selling property for years as well.

Both of them knew damn well they needed a permit. Rumor has it that David is going to take the fall. Plenty of money involved, but they knew they could not get a permit to do what they did, so they decided to go ahead and do it anyway and figured they could buy their way out of the consequences. I guess they thought saying "I'm sorry" would be easier.

Putting those canals in adds a tremendous amount of value to the property and they knew that. BUT, they have pissed off Walton County so my guess is they won't be able to do much of anything on the property.

The big question now is what do they do? Do they have to restore and replant? Or What???

What I predict, and you know a prediction is only an opinion, is they will sell a "share" of their investment to someone else, become silent partners and let the new guy develop the property. But, they will still be in the background.
 
Sueshore said:
OMG!!!! Just yesterday, my son and I were in Target and next thing I know there is a carton of PEPSI in the cart!!!! I asked him why he was getting Yankee coke!!! Must be something they are teaching him at Mizzou....( I know I know Mermy...it's the Midwest!)

Hey...Mizzou is practically in my back yard. But just like the beer of "choice" I am forced to drink Coke products.
 
Sueshore said:
OMG!!!! Just yesterday, my son and I were in Target and next thing I know there is a carton of PEPSI in the cart!!!! I asked him why he was getting Yankee coke!!! Must be something they are teaching him at Mizzou....( I know I know Mermy...it's the Midwest!)
Yikes! I'd rather die of thirst than drink a Pepsi. I am a native Atlantan. ATLANTA IS COCA-COLA COUNTRY!
 
Beach Runner said:
Yikes! I'd rather die of thirst than drink a Pepsi. I am a native Atlantan. ATLANTA IS COCA-COLA COUNTRY!

Agree. Even though I don't drink soft drinks, it was difficult to buy that P stuff.

ktc....I love your area of the world.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top