• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dillards opens

New posts
The clothing inventory seemed to be very, very resortwear. I went through the shoe department because I need to replace my black loafers, and there was nary a black loafer, nor anything else I'd consider to be a traditional woman's office work shoe, in sight.
 
The clothing inventory seemed to be very, very resortwear. I went through the shoe department because I need to replace my black loafers, and there was nary a black loafer, nor anything else I'd consider to be a traditional woman's office work shoe, in sight.

:eek: you are right! my worst nightmare. please tell me they will be adding real people clothing.
 
:eek: you are right! my worst nightmare. please tell me they will be adding real people clothing.


I'm not expecting much in the way of clothing. After all, Pier Park is not aimed at us- it's aimed at the PCB tourists. They want resortwear, t-shirts, and dustables to take home as souvenirs.

It looks to be Destin Commons, or the internet. :(
 
I'm not expecting much in the way of clothing. After all, Pier Park is not aimed at us- it's aimed at the PCB tourists. They want resortwear, t-shirts, and dustables to take home as souvenirs.

It looks to be Destin Commons, or the internet. :(

love dillards at the malls in pcb or fwb. destin commons - only in a pinch. I really do not like shopping online. never do it anymore unless a quick book order.

I'm not giving up on pier park dillards by any means.
 
love dillards at the malls in pcb or fwb. destin commons - only in a pinch. I really do not like shopping online. never do it anymore unless a quick book order.

I'm not giving up on pier park dillards by any means.

And you shouldn't. The next time you're in, talk to the store manager and give him/her your ideas. I've never known a manager who hasn't been absolutely delighted to get feedback from customers. And when you think of it, Tootsie, it's residents like you and Jenny who will be getting them through the winter months, so why shouldn't they want to stock clothing you want to buy?
 
And you shouldn't. The next time you're in, talk to the store manager and give him/her your ideas. I've never known a manager who hasn't been absolutely delighted to get feedback from customers. And when you think of it, Tootsie, it's residents like you and Jenny who will be getting them through the winter months, so why shouldn't they want to stock clothing you want to buy?

you are so right. I did talk to the sales person when I was looking around. I told her I didn't see a single thing I would buy, and I had looked at every single women's clothing section. she did say they had a lot more inventory to come in and would take time to get it all in, etc. so, I'm hoping this means they will carry more of what locals want to see. but I shall speak to the manager in any case. this is our first opportunity to have a real department store anywhere near SoWal (belk's just doesn't quite do it for me), so it is important!
 
Looking forward to checking out Pier Park next week. Can't wait to get to the beach. (thanks TistheSeason, we owe you big). My middle schooler who thinks she is a "college" schooler is quite petite and I can always find style appropriate/size appropriate/age appropriate stuff for her at Dillards including shoes.
 
I found some nice business wear. Was really excited about the petite pjs. Good idea to let management know there are a lot of locals that will shop there if they keep us in mind. Except for Nordstroms, I've always had a challenge finding shoes for my petite daughter.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top