• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dining near Pier Park

New posts

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Plan to catch the Bourne Ultimatum and would like to eat dinner somewhere near the Pier Park cinemas. Any recommendations?
 
yeah.....don't see the film. it's like watching a comic book. see Hairspray or No Reservations. But if you are going with kids, they'll like Bourne.
BOARS HEAD is really good for dinner. 5 minutes from Pier Park on Front Rd.
 
Calypso is on front beach in front of pier park. We have never had a bad meal there. Boars head is great, great, great.
There is also a Panera and Longhorn? by Target.
 
Keep in mind that Pier Park doesn't have digital projection so it's not as crisp, and the digital sound is questionable too. Sorry I am a movie theatre snob :biggrin:

As for food, there are some chains nearby and I like Carrabas ok.
 
Last edited:
Dusty's is a couple hundred yards to the west, on Front Beach, but judging by the sandwich I ate there earlier this week, I think the Grouper Sandwich still isn't Grouper. The raw oysters are very good, service mediocre, and they charge $ .50 for tap water.
 
Is the movie theater in the same complex area as Target? I didn't realize they were open already. What else is open at Pier Park?
 
Longhorn Steak House is also at Pier Park. Excellent steaks and great services. They also have a full service bar. Tell Joe, the manager, hutch sent you!
 
I like Longhorn's.

If you have time to spare for going a bit out of the way, there is a restaurant called "Sweet Basil's" at the Shoppes at Edgewater, which is at the corner of Beckrich Road and Front Beach Road. I have only been there once, several years ago, and it was fan-tas-tic. Might want to make sure it's still there.

Or, if you have time to run up to West Bay, possibly encounter a short wait for a table, and run back down to PCB, there is Boondocks...:wub: :drool:
 
Keep in mind that Pier Park doesn't have digital projection so it's not as crisp, and the digital sound is questionable too. Sorry I am a movie theatre snob :biggrin:

As for food, there are some chains nearby and I like Carrabas ok.


Seemed fine to me as well. The seats are comfortable, the floors aren't sticky and there is a self-serve butter station for your popcorn.

There is a Panara's Bread in Pier park as well. Carrabas and Longhorn are great choices.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top