• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dining recommendations (25-30 December)

New posts
Borago is one of my favorites - can't go wrong there. I like Vintij very much, too, but their menu tends to be limited. You might want check it first to see if they have what you like. If you're brave and can venture further west to Destin, Marina Cafe is excellent. If you want to try the Village at Sandestin, I would recommend Bistro Bijoux. I have probably eaten at Bistro Bijoux more than any other restaurant in SoWal and it has been consistently very, very good. Park at the lot by the North Gate and ride the ferry over to Baytowne as parking will be limited near the Village.
 
Reservations are going fast around here this week- I would be making phone calls this afternoon, and even now may be too late for some places.
 
All,

Thanks for your dining recommendations. We were able to hit Cafe-30A, Fire, Criollas, Vin Tij, and Marlins (at Baytowne Wharf). Unfortunately, I probably put on ten pounds--and at the same time, my wallet probably became about ten pound lighter!

Great places, all. I know I'll have to revisit all of them, before I pick my favorite.....

Thanks again...... downside was I hit about a week of rain while down there (Christmas to New Years eve day), but I'm certain Alabama and Georgia appreciated it.......
 
We hit Borago and Fire, and then I started cooking. I was in a cooking frenzy. Just ask someone who has a big house in Grayton and was our guest.

We are there tonight, but I think by the time the meeting is over, everything will be closed. Microwave popcorn for dinner. YUM!
 
I say- D&K's, Borago & Cafe Tango. It has been 4 yrs since I ate at Cafe 30A. It was good, but I haven't been back. As for Bud and Alley's - haven't been in a very long time. I have no desire to ever go back.

Make sure you call for reservations!
A new chef took over at Bud and Alley's a couple of years ago. You may want to give them a try. They have the won the Golden Spoon Award (top 20 restaurants in Florida) for the past two years. He must be doing something right. Food has been excellent when I have been there. The wine dinner during the Seeing Red Wine Festival was superb.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top