• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dinner on the Beach?

New posts

HRS

Beach Crab
Hello to SO Walton friends.... I am so grateful that you share info on your wonderful area! Planning vacation later in May and would LOVE to surprise my spouse with a romantic dinner on the beach. HE is the chef in our household and a beautiful, romantic beach setting would be the perfect way to say how much I appreciate him! Any suggestions? :wub:
 
I would contact some of local caterers. Perhaps even some local restaurants. I believe WaterColor offers that in one of it's packages.
 
Do you want a sit-down type meal or would a gourmet picnic basket work?

There are a couple chefs on Sowal who come to your house and cook, but a beach meal w/o a home base might be more dicey.
 
dinner on the beach

I think this would be a wonderful business opportunity. Who hasn't made a trip to the beach and wished for a romantic, simple dinner...that someone else prepared. The business slogan could be...you bring the blanket, we'll bring the dinner...I love to watch the Barefoot Contessa show and she is frequently fixing delicious, simple beach fare...If any of you yongsters decide to do this, let me know...I come to the beach with a large group of 60' somethings that love to Party......
 
I think this would be a wonderful business opportunity. Who hasn't made a trip to the beach and wished for a romantic, simple dinner...that someone else prepared. The business slogan could be...you bring the blanket, we'll bring the dinner...I love to watch the Barefoot Contessa show and she is frequently fixing delicious, simple beach fare...If any of you yongsters decide to do this, let me know...I come to the beach with a large group of 60' somethings that love to Party......

The only logistical problems I can really see are:

1.) You can't take ownership of the beach, yet, and I'm not sure how fine dining and kids with balls, frisbees, and kites would work out.

2.) My understanding is that grills, stoves, and BBQ's are a no no on the beach. Most chef's might balk at the idea of cooking everything over a fire in a washtub.

3.) Dishes, you can't have glass on the beach. Not sure about you, but if I'm paying some pretty high prices for beach dining I'll be darned if I'm gonna eat off of chinette and use plastic cups.

4.) Rain, obviously you could set it up so that with enough time a small fee could be deducted from the returned portion or you move it to a house.

5.) Employees, there is a lot of work in fine dining and I can't imagine what funn would be added with doing it on the beach. Obviously if the home you are renting/own is gulf front it would make certain things easier. Otherwise it would be hail setting up and tearing down. Can't wait to see the thread asking where to find the fine china and crystal left over night on the beach. :funn:
 
I've had a grill on the beach before......was no issue. Why is it a no-no? I love the idea of someone cooking for me to dine al fresco in the sand..........
 
You can be "beach safe" and still have semi-nice dishes etc. You just can't have glass. Wooden or metal platters/dishes are a good substitute.

I vote for a wooden folding table & chairs, plastic stemmed wine glasses, cloth napkins, and nice silverware (or chopsticks or finger food).

There are a variety of foods that could be cooked and then kept warm/cold for transport - but a camp stove/hot plate in a beach access parking lot works too. :wave:
 
I think this would be a wonderful business opportunity. Who hasn't made a trip to the beach and wished for a romantic, simple dinner...that someone else prepared. The business slogan could be...you bring the blanket, we'll bring the dinner...I love to watch the Barefoot Contessa show and she is frequently fixing delicious, simple beach fare...If any of you yongsters decide to do this, let me know...I come to the beach with a large group of 60' somethings that love to Party......


Know this is "off thread" but love her (Barefoot Contessa) too, jensieblue!
Made her turkey meatloaf and smashed potatoes last night. :D

They do the romantic beach dinners/dine on white table clothes/ be
totally pampered at alot of the Mexican resorts. Might check with Watercolor
as SWGB mentioned. Very sweet idea...or maybe just sushi to go and cocktails..
or any of the restaurants you like "to go" (and cocktails).
 
I seem to remember that BeachWalk Cafe did something like this...they are located at the Henderson Beach Inn now, might give them a call and check it out.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top