• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dinner options

New posts

JHA

Beach Comber
My wife and I will be at Santa Rosa Beach early next week for three nights. We are staying in 1br apartment at Gulf Place. One night is reserved for Red Bar, a must for us. Thinking about 2 for 1 special at Cafe Thirty-A for another night. Was considering Stinkys, but understand there is a long wait??????????? We enjoy fresh seafood and in-season fish. No interested in italian, pizza, mexican, hamburgers, as we can get at home. Suggestions :D
 
I love Stinky's but there is a wait at prime time, arrive by 5:45pm or wait until 8:45/9pm and you should miss the crowd. They have my favorite shrimp basket on 30A. They have about 5 fish specials each night-all local options including triggerfish and amberjack sometimes.
 
Preferences

My wife and I will be at Santa Rosa Beach early next week for three nights. We are staying in 1br apartment at Gulf Place. One night is reserved for Red Bar, a must for us. Thinking about 2 for 1 special at Cafe Thirty-A for another night. Was considering Stinkys, but understand there is a long wait??????????? We enjoy fresh seafood and in-season fish. No interested in italian, pizza, mexican, hamburgers, as we can get at home. Suggestions :D

My preferences are: 2-1 at Cafe 30A, Red Bar, Stinkys- go early. 2-1 at old florida fish house is not bad.
 
Caf? Thirty-A, Borago, Stinky's. I prefer Red Bar for lunch.

You should go to Pizza Bar. It's on a higher level than any other pizza place I've ever visited in the U.S., equivalent to the best of Italy. They have the best grouper on 30A as an appetizer. The Caprese is outstanding. And then, hello, the pizza is light years better than the pizza to which most Americans are accustomed.
 
Gravel Road "Wed Night w/ The Steenos

Fine dining in a casual atmosphere with great music. Wed special - choice of three entrees for 15.00 plus reg menu. usually 2 seafoods on the special list. come on out to Gravel Road in Uptown Grayton. Call 850-534-0960 for reservations.
 
My preferences are: 2-1 at Cafe 30A, Red Bar, Stinkys- go early. 2-1 at old florida fish house is not bad.


I live right next to Old Florida Fish house and I can't say that I would recommend it. I have had one good dining experience there and about four bad (yeah, I am a slow learner! lol) Its too bad, because the building itself is beautiful with a gorgeous lake view. I personally think tourists who don't know any better are the only reason they keep in business. There is no way they could stay open if they had to maintain repeat customers with their current level of customer service and mediocre food. The unstoppable tide of fresh unknowledgeable tourists though seems to keep things going... :confused:
 
Since you're staying at Gulf Place, check out Smiling Fish Cafe right there .... best lunches, and dinner al fresco on Tusday nights.
 
Skip Cafe 30-A and the Fishhouse in favor of any of the other restaurants people have mentioned - IMO w/ limited time you are better off going where you know the food/service will be good.

Shorty's in Grayton has been getting rave reviews too.
 
Skip Cafe 30-A and the Fishhouse in favor of any of the other restaurants people have mentioned - IMO w/ limited time you are better off going where you know the food/service will be good.

Shorty's in Grayton has been getting rave reviews too.

let me do a "shout out" for shorty's, as well. we went there for lunch last weekend - view is great, service was excellent and food was good and priced reasonably. was very impressed.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top