• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dip recipe

New posts
Spinach Artichoke Dip

10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup Hellman's mayo, no substitutes
1 can artichokes,drained and chopped
1 cup shredded parmesean cheese
4-6 green onions, finely chopped

Mix all ingredients well. Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.

So yummy!!!
 
We have a fabulous friend from Macon who always has wonderful dips & appetizers. We keep begging her to publish a cookbook. We have decided to call it the
Pound O' Pork cookbook.:wub: All recipes will begin with 1 lb. of some sort of pork product. How can you go wrong?:clap:

Brown 1 lb of Jimmy Dean pork sausage (drain)
Melt two 8oz. blocks of cream cheese over low heat
Add 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies
Serve warm with Frito or Dorito Scoops.

It may not sound elegant, but it for sure tastes good.
 
BR---did you go to Wal-Mart to purchase this Timex?:biggrin::wave:
 
Hubby bought it for me years ago. Wal-Mart scares me. In our town, Wal-Mart and Cracker Barrel are the only sources of evening and weekend entertainment.:eek:

Oh BR.....:floor:Somehow, I knew you didn't go there yourself!
 
this is CP here I need a good dip or cheese ball recipe !!!!Calling all cooks !!!!!!!!!YOu too Miss Kitty!!:wave:

cp--I have a really good simple cheese ball recipe..I'll get it when I go downstairs. Back later. :wave:
 
this is CP here I need a good dip or cheese ball recipe !!!!Calling all cooks !!!!!!!!!YOu too Miss Kitty!!:wave:

Corn dip
1 16oz. bag frozen corn
1 8oz. pckg. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter softened
2 tblspoons cumin (I use 1 tblspoon) 2 is what the recipe calls for
2 tblspoons chopped pickled jalepeno peppers

1. cook corn and drain
2. combine corn with butter and cream cheese
3. add cumin and pepper

serve with corn chips your preference

makes 10-12 servings

Chili cheese dip
this recipe is so easy and generic but i always use this one
1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
1 can chili (i use van camps w/ beans) i know i know bad
1 block of cracker barrel sharp cheese grated

1. spread softened cream cheese on bottom
2. layer chili over cream cheese
3. sprinkle grated cheese on top
pop it in the oven until the cheese melts
serve with corn chips

Hot wing dip
this one doesn't sound really appetizing, but it's good if you like hot wings

1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar of hooters hot wing sauce
1 8oz. cream cheese
1 bottle/jar Marie's blue cheese or ranch (your preference)
1 block of mozzarella cheese

boil chicken and shred
mix with jar of wing sauce
layer softened cream cheese
layer chicken mixture
layer 1/2 marie's dressing
top layer of mozzarella
bake @ 350 30-45 minutes
serve with corn chips
 
Roasted Red Pepper Dip

1 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
3/4 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonaisse
1 tbs minced onion
1 clove minced garlic
2 tbs Dijon-style mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a small baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.

Enjoy!

BR, I was wondering the same thing. Some type of cracker maybe? Pita chips?
 
As a well-known recipe guru (as evidenced by my recipes being published in all of the Neiman Marcus cookbooks, in a very successful Junior League cookbook as well as in other published cookbooks, and being the webmaster of a very popular restaurant review website --that admittedly is embarrassingly in need of re-do), I will ask the question, "What do you plan to dip into the dip?":floor:

BR, I was wondering the same thing. Some type of cracker maybe? Pita chips?

Geez - I know that you two have some creativity! ;-) I usually dip tostitos but crackers, pita chips, melba rounds or veggies would work - whatever your preference.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top