• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Directions for Dummies.....

New posts

kimbug

Beach Lover
I know this has been discussed a ton of times but somehow I always get the routes messed up :idontno: ....I'm heading south from Ohio and just want the best suggestions on how to get to Blue Mountain Beach/Adagio from I-65. I'll be coming down next week and need my map skills up to snuff to make for one less "struggle" with my mom. Thanks.
 
Wow! They gave a totally different route than I'm used to. They claim the drive time is shorter but more miles than what mapquest said. Strange. I just was wondering about the end of the trip from south of Birmingham off I-65. I've seen a few different suggestions so wondered if one is better than another.
 
There are multiple routes, and many posters each have their own preference. If you use a map search, such as google or yahoo, be sure to take it with a grain of salt. Never rely 100%. My ex-wife would tell you to simply follow the green hwy signs. You know, I tried that a few times, and it works. I don't think she has ever looked at a map, but she always gets where she's going. You may try to search for a thread using the key word, "directions."
 
Thanks, SJ. I know I'll make it there just fine since I've found my way several other times. We've stayed in Destin on our past 4 visits but never anywhere in SoWal. Last year was to be our first time but it coincided with Dennis. So my kids & I will be staying for 10 days with my mom & dad this time and then another 10 over July 4 week with my husband & his brother's family. Can't wait to get there whichever route I take! :clap_1:
 
if you're ever lost remember the motto 'go south!'

simplest ever route i ever saw (three turns onto different roads, yep, three!) was I-65 south to exit at Montgomery, Alabama South Blvd (Hwy 80) where you turn left at the light, buy gas and then go about a mile then turn right onto Hwy 331, and then turn right again at Hwy 98 and you're there.

I-65, 331, 98, 30A - can anybody better that for simplicity?

this is assuming anyone can follow the twists and turns of a lower alabama road once you're on it! :D

have fun

oh yeah, if you see a big black truck pulling a large cruising boat in your rear view mirror, just get out of the way (please) :razz:
 
aquaticbiology said:
if you're ever lost remember the motto 'go south!'

simplest ever route i ever saw (three turns onto different roads, yep, three!) was I-65 south to exit at Montgomery, Alabama South Blvd (Hwy 80) where you turn left at the light, buy gas and then go about a mile then turn right onto Hwy 331, and then turn right again at Hwy 98 and you're there.

I-65, 331, 98, 30A - can anybody better that for simplicity?

this is assuming anyone can follow the twists and turns of a lower alabama road once you're on it! :D

have fun

oh yeah, if you see a big black truck pulling a large cruising boat in your rear view mirror, just get out of the way (please) :razz:

I would have to agree. We come down every year and go the same route. It is the easiest and most direct. We are also departing from the Cleveland area.
 
KISH7374 said:
I would have to agree. We come down every year and go the same route. It is the easiest and most direct. We are also departing from the Cleveland area.
:clap_1: Same way we have been going for the past 3-4 yrs. Used to go through Georgianna, but this seems to be much quicker, and the old houses in some of the communities you go through are just beautiful. Not much scenery if you go the I-65 Georgianna route.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top