• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Disney in the Panhandle?

New posts

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
OK Folks, first a disclaimer: this one is straight off the rumor mill.

I have now heard it from several independant sources so I'm going to throw this out there to see if anyone has heard this.

Apparently Disney is looking at/has bought a large tract of land near Ebro, Florida.

My sources are somewhat dubious; namely my parents (who heard about this while in Ebro recently); and my friends (who heard about it from people involved with Panama City Beach's Pier Park project.)

Now I realize this sounds far fetched. Why would Disney put a theme park a few hours away from their mega-park complex in Orlando? I'm certainly skeptical but thought it would be fun to throw this out for general comment.
 
Wasn't this rumor debated here once before - except then I heard it was near Crestview.

Rumors are always fun to hash out.
 
twt512 said:
OK Folks, first a disclaimer: this one is straight off the rumor mill.

I have now heard it from several independant sources so I'm going to throw this out there to see if anyone has heard this.

Apparently Disney is looking at/has bought a large tract of land near Ebro, Florida.

My sources are somewhat dubious; namely my parents (who heard about this while in Ebro recently); and my friends (who heard about it from people involved with Panama City Beach's Pier Park project.)

Now I realize this sounds far fetched. Why would Disney put a theme park a few hours away from their mega-park complex in Orlando? I'm certainly skeptical but thought it would be fun to throw this out for general comment.

I know nothing about this so I cannot contribute and I am sorry to start a new question (and Kurt will reprimand me!) but since you started a rumor I would like to start another which comes from a suppposedly reliable source (but don't they always!) that Fedex headquarters in Memphis will spread out and they are seriously thinking about the new Panama City Airport as one of several bases they will use....does anyone know anything about this?
 
Haven't heard about the Fed Ex deal but the other rumor I've heard from several reliable sources, to be true, except it is Disney's Celebration division that builds residential communities.
 
I heard a few months ago that disney was looking to purchase land in the panhandle too. Someone threw the name crestview into the rumor then too. I also heard Annheiser (sp?) Busch bought some land around here to possibly do a large theme park? My sources aren't all that reliable...just throwing out what I've been hearing.
 
These rumors about theme parks come up every so often (probably started by realtors).

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen in the future when the airport and the cruise ships and the casinos start rolling into PCB.
 
Amp22 said:
These rumors about theme parks come up every so often (probably started by realtors).

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen in the future when the airport and the cruise ships and the casinos start rolling into PCB.
Excuse me? Realtors? :idontno:
 
Franny said:
Excuse me? Realtors? :idontno:

80% of realtors (or anyone for that matter) will say anything to avoid reality. If there was a major park going in here then money would fall from the sky. And sales would pick up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top