• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

distance traveled

New posts

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Can you give me a little info on min/milage to each of the following from Santa Rosa?

Pensacola
PCB
Destin


Thanks for the info!
 
taterbaby, from SRB to Destin is 25 minutes, around 18 miles, PC Beach is 40 minutes, around 32 miles, and Pensacola is 1 1/2 hours, around 65 miles. This is according to Mapquest!
 
It depends greatly on where you are on 30A and where you are going. For example:

From Rosemary to Laguna beach at the western end of PCB is only 3 or 4 miles.

From Blue Mountain to Thomas Drive at the eastern end of PCB is probably 25 or 30 miles.

Same holds true for Destin, which is as strung out as Panama City.
 
:biggrin: Well, TreeFrog, that is true! Seeing as taterbaby didn't specify a certain starting point I just gave the estimated times from SRB to each of the cities. Of course, I knew, it depended on where taterbaby was. Because, from where we stay, you are in PC Beach and Bay County around Pinnacle Port condos and the Carillon. We stay just west of there. We are no distance from Rosemary Beach. It probably takes us about 5 minutes to get to the main area of the strip, when the traffic is not so heavy. That is what is good about coming around early September.
 
taterbaby said:
We are staying at GulfPlace Caribbian.

You are near me!- Easily accessible to Destin within 10-12 minutes drive- like the Commons- 10 minutes to Grayton Beach.

There is a publix which is on 98 right before the turn off for 30A, which is easy and a Tom Thumb right down the street from Gulf Place for incidentals.

I hear an1 hour and 15 mins to Pensacola. Not that its far really, just a hassle with lights on 98. If you want to go there, ask if there is an alternate route. I came from New Orleans once and got off around Pensacola and wished I stayed on I10 to Defuniak area and backtracked over the 331 bridge.
 
Mango...you must haul it! I don't think I could make it to Destin Commons in 10 minutes...maybe because I am further east at WC?
 
Mango said:
You are near me!- Easily accessible to Destin within 10-12 minutes drive- like the Commons- 10 minutes to Grayton Beach.

There is a publix which is on 98 right before the turn off for 30A, which is easy and a Tom Thumb right down the street from Gulf Place for incidentals.

I hear an1 hour and 15 mins to Pensacola. Not that its far really, just a hassle with lights on 98. If you want to go there, ask if there is an alternate route. I came from New Orleans once and got off around Pensacola and wished I stayed on I10 to Defuniak area and backtracked over the 331 bridge.
Do you fly in a helicopter to get these speedy times? :idontno: :floor:

From Grayton Beach, without traffic, it takes 40 minutes to get to Ft Walton Beach. Add at least another 45 minutes if there is no traffic to get to Pensacola. If traffic is on the road, count on 2.5 hours to Pensacola, unless you take I-10 and then you are looking at only 2 hours, unless the traffic is backed up at the bridge, and then you can add another 30 minutes to the drive.
 
Taterbaby, since you posted this in the Dining and Food section, does that mean you have restaurants you want to eat at in PCB, etc?? Any good ones you know about??
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top