• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Distress Sale

New posts

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
I saw the following sale notes for a home that sold in a reasonably upscale development along 30A:

"This is a distress sale. Not recommended for comparison purposes."

This home was priced considerably less than identical models, but isn't a sale a sale? I'd be suspect of any realtor who would NOT include this sale for comparison purposes.
 
not all sales are equal. I do not know the circumstances for this sale.

One example of a "distress sale" could be that the seller needed to sell within 15 days or be facing bankrupcy, and he wouldn't allow any contingencies in the contract. In exchange, they could be selling well below the market price. -- just one example of many. ;-)
 
There was a sale I used as a comp in Dune Allen like that, it was a beachfront, and the realtor said the same thing. The property was on the market for quite a while so "distress sale" seems inaccurate. Check DOM on that property and see what they were. Someone might be at the end of their rope but most of the sales I have seen are well under asking for the subject property or comparables.
 
There was a sale I used as a comp in Dune Allen like that, it was a beachfront, and the realtor said the same thing. The property was on the market for quite a while so "distress sale" seems inaccurate. Check DOM on that property and see what they were. Someone might be at the end of their rope but most of the sales I have seen are well under asking for the subject property or comparables.

Might have been the one that was on the market for awhile but then dropped $1 million as there was a family situation. It sold right away when it was dropped.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top