• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Diving on the jetties...

New posts

Will B

Moderator
Did some snorkeling and diving on the the jetties in Destin back in August. Just got around to rendering the video last night. Some pretty interesting stuff. I was amazed at how noisy fish are. On the day we snorkeled it sounded like we were in a pan of frying bacon. On top of that, the pin fish or grunts were just grunting away with their odd coo-ing sound. Next on my list is the the new reef in Grayton, but I have to figure out where it is to see how long a walk I'll have to make in gear.

The video is plenty clear to watch fill screen...

 
Way cool! I didn't know that many fish were there. I didn't recognize all of them.
 
The first day we went we snorkeled. The sea nettle jelly you see in the opening shot was one of hundreds. They were everywhere. Yes...I got stung twice around the ankles. Yeah...it burns! Everybody on the boat except two people got stung.

Two days later we went diving. Not a jelly to be seen.

Weird...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top