If they don't have kids then it is not that big of a deal. She is doing the right thing going to a lawyer. too many mistakes made trying to do it yourself. I believe that Florida is a community property state, as such, there should be an equitable division of all community held assets minus community debts. There can be the odd exception when one party is an a$$hole or there is a out of town lawyer involved. In family law you should always have a lawyer who is familiar/friendly with the judge where the case is filed or you risk getting "home towned". If there are substantial assets involved, definitely, hire a lawyer who is board certified in family law.
BTW, I am not a lawyer, but I did stay at a holiday express last night. My wife is a board certified family lawyer in Texas and she says, rule #1 is no nookie post separation with anyone until the judgement is signed.