• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dog Fly Plane?

New posts
Hello everyone i work for the enemy ,actually dogfly program and know quit a bit about it . Im also concerned about chemicals and would love to not use Dibrom .but as of now there are only a couple of chemicals that are approved for Aerial spraying with dibrom having the best knock down power and breaks down the fastest. I handle the chemical almost daily during the season typically sept to end of november for several years and i have tests done to chk for build up of Toxins. Thank god no problems yet ,I agree though who knows about long term but i assure you i am exposed to far greater amounts than any of you . we only use .67 ounces per acre . I tried to figure it in amounts per square ft on the ground if it all hit the ground which usally it doesnt and it was around .000000064 grams(dont hold me to this math wasnt my best subject.) anyways im here to answer any questions i can . im not here to push chemical use or stop it . Ill talk more about the control in alabama and north florida next time . have a great Day dogflyguy
ps ill try to chk back at least once a day
 
0.67 ounces per acre?!?!?! That's some strong stuff! Hope you're wearing your HAZMAT suit...
:yikes:
 
Hello everyone i work for the enemy ,actually dogfly program and know quit a bit about it . Im also concerned about chemicals and would love to not use Dibrom .but as of now there are only a couple of chemicals that are approved for Aerial spraying with dibrom having the best knock down power and breaks down the fastest. I handle the chemical almost daily during the season typically sept to end of november for several years and i have tests done to chk for build up of Toxins. Thank god no problems yet ,I agree though who knows about long term but i assure you i am exposed to far greater amounts than any of you . we only use .67 ounces per acre . I tried to figure it in amounts per square ft on the ground if it all hit the ground which usally it doesnt and it was around .000000064 grams(dont hold me to this math wasnt my best subject.) anyways im here to answer any questions i can . im not here to push chemical use or stop it . Ill talk more about the control in alabama and north florida next time . have a great Day dogflyguy
ps ill try to chk back at least once a day

dfg :welcome: ... and thanks for the info. I'm with NoHall ... that must be strong stuff!!
Please tell me you're not the one figuring out the concentrations needed for particular areas since you say "maths not your best subject". Seriously..:shock:

You've got a tough crowd here, but give us info from your perspective.

.
 
Hey Rita Thank you
boy you are tough!!! but thats okay as long as you dont get Nasty!!!.
yes Dibrom is very strong or it would be a waste of time if it wasnt. plus it's better to use the least amount of chemical you can . I didnt say im not good at math just that it's not my stongest subject unfortunitly i only had Algebra I in school. But dont fret too much about the concentrations , it comes already formulated in 30 gallon drum's . I do calibrate the spray sytem though and use a graduated cylinder to make sure we are putting out the correct amount.. Have a great day dogflyguy
 
smiling joe
just ask away ill answer the best i can . althouth i may have to do it at break or lunch if you dont mind waiting. I also work for Florida A&M as a lab tech for a section called PEIS pesticide enviromental impact section . we study the impacts of pesticides on non-target organism's and have access to other information . Oh i failed to mention yesterday im also one of the people who works on the plane itself and yes it is very big 98 ft wingspan and old 1943. But the engines are fairly new 2001 with only a couple of hundred hours each and we do a thorough Annual inspection on the entire plane each year . beleive me this plane is so well built !!! it was made to fly with bullet holes or parts missing .(was originally a military bird) plus it can fly well on just one of it's Pratt & whitney 1200 hp engines and the pilot has over 15 yrs in just the DC-3 and over 25 yrs flying experiance including flying the Govenor. have a good day dfg
 
Shallows Nole,

I am so with you on this one. When I hear the truck coming, I go inside. I dont mind the spray whatsoever. I do hate it when I do take time to relax at the beach and can not because of the d*&%M flies!!:bang:


I'm not scared of repellent. However, before spraying, our flies would laugh at Deep Woods Off, citronella, and anything else we could think of to coat ourselves with. (Now, imagine little sinister Halloween laughs whenever you see a dog fly. Then say "Wipeout" when you whack 'em with the fly swatter. :D )

And, I assume that I am not breathing it because I do not go outside while the spray is in the air. The possible exception might be smelling a flower that spray has fallen on. But I still take comfort in knowing a fly won't fly up my nose while smelling the spray on the flower. :roll:
 
Hello everyone i work for the enemy ,actually dogfly program and know quit a bit about it . Im also concerned about chemicals and would love to not use Dibrom .but as of now there are only a couple of chemicals that are approved for Aerial spraying with dibrom having the best knock down power and breaks down the fastest. I handle the chemical almost daily during the season typically sept to end of november for several years and i have tests done to chk for build up of Toxins. Thank god no problems yet ,I agree though who knows about long term but i assure you i am exposed to far greater amounts than any of you . we only use .67 ounces per acre . I tried to figure it in amounts per square ft on the ground if it all hit the ground which usally it doesnt and it was around .000000064 grams(dont hold me to this math wasnt my best subject.) anyways im here to answer any questions i can . im not here to push chemical use or stop it . Ill talk more about the control in alabama and north florida next time . have a great Day dogflyguy
ps ill try to chk back at least once a day

:welcome:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top