• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Dog Park

New posts

meamea

Beach Comber
I need some information about the dog park in S. Walton. Where is is located and who do I need to contact about using the park. Thanks for any information.
 
Youv'e got to be kidding! It's sitting on top of the old landfill, and right next to a poopoo station! The stench is horrible!
 
None of the 5 adults and 4 pooches I was with smelled a thing. Does it stink at certain times or something? What's the problem ith it being on an old landfill? Is is dangerous? :idontno:
 
is it just me? I don't get dog parks. I would never dream of taking my Lulu to a dog park. there are so many other wonderful places around here to explore, hike, swim, play, run, throw, etc.

maybe dogs like to socialize? or their owners? still, it seems there are better places to do this. don't want to take my dog and/or kid to a park dedicated to dog poo.
 
My two smaller dogs play enough as it is and seem to be terrified of other dogs, so there would be no benefit for them.

However, the dog park would be great for our Labrador, as one of the benefits is that she would be able to play outside off-leash. This is not a luxury she often enjoys at home, as there is a leash law in South Walton, we do not have a fenced yard, and my neighbors do not appreciate a big dog running loose. :blush:
 
Speaking of dogs....

I did a search in the rentals forum but didn't see much on pet-friendly rentals (so I apologize in advance if this was covered in a past thread). I realize the Board is pet-friendly, but are many rentals in SoWal accepting of animals? If not, are their local kennels that let you check them in and out so you can plan on the beach with them and have funn at night? Just wondering....:idontno:
 
is it just me? I don't get dog parks. I would never dream of taking my Lulu to a dog park. there are so many other wonderful places around here to explore, hike, swim, play, run, throw, etc.

maybe dogs like to socialize? or their owners? still, it seems there are better places to do this. don't want to take my dog and/or kid to a park dedicated to dog poo.


I agree...sounds good, but you don't know what's left on the ground that might not be good for your fur babies! :idontno: I've talked with many Vets who have told me to keep my babies away from parks.

Good luck....you won't have a problem finding a beautiful spot around here for them to enjoy!;-)
 
Re: Speaking of dogs....

I did a search in the rentals forum but didn't see much on pet-friendly rentals (so I apologize in advance if this was covered in a past thread). I realize the Board is pet-friendly, but are many rentals in SoWal accepting of animals? If not, are their local kennels that let you check them in and out so you can plan on the beach with them and have funn at night? Just wondering....:idontno:

Though most are not pet-friendly, there are indeed quite a few in SoWal. If there isn't a virtual tour of one on this site, try www.vrbo.com - I think you can sort by pet-friendly. Or, there are several web sites that pertain to pet-friendly travel, I know rentals in South Walton have found their way to those sites in the past :cool: .

The kennel we use, Emerald Coast Kennels, doesn't let you check them in and out, as far as I know, but I've never tried. Since I live here, I use them when we are going to be awol from SoWal overnight.

Do be aware that it is illegal for dogs to be on Walton County's beaches, except with a special beach permit ( http://www.waltontaxcollector.com ) and then it is only during certain daylight hours, so that would be a go-at-your-own-risk situation. If you do find a pet-friendly rental, the person you rent from should have some suggestions of other places your dog can go.

Good luck! :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top