• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

dogs on the beach

New posts

mom2nateandlala

Beach Crab
hello, i am new here. and my family and i will be vacationing in the destin are this summer.

we want to bring our dog. does anyone know info about dogs on the beach or where i can go to find this info?
thanks mom2nateandlala :idontno:
 
:welcome: :welcome: mom2... I'm not from the area, so I can't help w/your question, but I'm sure someone will get back to you in a jiffy. Enjoy posting.
 
It might seem ridiculous to say this, but PLEASE clean up after your pet. I love dogs, & brought mine to the beach for years. It makes me crazy to see people allow their dogs to dump on the beach, & they just kick sand over it! I guess they think the waves just wash it out. Those are the people who will be responsible for animals being banned altogether. I'm sure you're responsible, I just wanted to vent.
 
In order to get a permit for your dog to go on the beach in Walton County, you must be either a property owner or a permanent resident. There is no (legal) provision for visitors to take their pets on the beach.

In Okaloosa County, no animals are allowed on the beach at all.

However, there are many pet-friendy accomodations - you might try vrbo.com or pet-friendly-travel.com .
 
I wonder...

how do they know if you have a permit

how would they know if it was your dog, supposing I saw the dog police coming and shoved the leash into your hand and ran (a'la a nyc baggie drop)

couldn't you just use someone else's permit (or dog for that matter)

sorry if this dosen't make sense, I think the ginko's wearing off



"Officer, I swear, this guy just shoved this leash in my hand and took off - I never saw this dog before in my life! Honest!"
 
permits are a tag which must be on the dog's collar. Sheriff's Deputies can physically check for tag. I think the fine is very expensive, like $500, for not having proper permit for dog.

Ask Landlocked:floor:, the Deputies usually scope out potential violators with their binoculars long before you ever see them coming.
 
And if your dog happens to crap on the beach in front of a deputy, it's not real smart to just kick sand over it.

Several years ago, a lady who did just that said to the officer, "Well, I'm not about to pick it up in my HAND!" :roll:

The fine was pretty hefty... :rolling:
 
ShallowsNole said:
And if your dog happens to crap on the beach in front of a deputy, it's not real smart to just kick sand over it.

Several years ago, a lady who did just that said to the officer, "Well, I'm not about to pick it up in my HAND!" :roll:

The fine was pretty hefty... :rolling:


And my answer to her would have been "Well let me step in it with my bare feet and wipe them off on your beach towel...better yet, bend over lady!":blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top