• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

dogs on the beach

New posts
Beach Runner said:
Her microchip is under her skin, but she has a tag that has her microchip ID number on it.
I am curious as to why some of you with chips place a tag on the color with the chip's ID.:idontno: The benefit of the chip is that the ownership info stays with the dog when the collar comes off. If your dog's chip ID tag stays on the collar, shouldn't a regular name/ address tag stay on too? Is this a redundancy or is there something I am missing?

Just curious.

:Dsj
 
Smiling JOe said:
I am curious as to why some of you with chips place a tag on the color with the chip's ID.:idontno: The benefit of the chip is that the ownership info stays with the dog when the collar comes off. If your dog's chip ID tag stays on the collar, shouldn't a regular name/ address tag stay on too? Is this a redundancy or is there something I am missing?

Just curious.

:Dsj

I agree. I didn't know what the heck to do with them when I got them. So i filed them with my registration info. :idontno:
 
Molly wears all her jewelry, all the time!
 
My dog has a chip under the skin and also a collar chip tag with a phone number to call. If an agency finds your dog, the chip tag is another way to identify the dog by calling the chip phone number. More info may be registered with the chip agency about the dog than an ID tag.
 
Sueshore said:
Molly wears all her jewelry, all the time!

The micro chip tag was bigger than Bailey's head! I was afraid if I put her's on she wouldn't be able to stand up and walk around! :funn:
 
gotothebeachmom said:
The micro chip tag was bigger than Bailey's head! I was afraid if I put her's on she wouldn't be able to stand up and walk around! :funn:

Oh...I didn't put that on her!....It is HUGE! Bailey would be dusting the floor with her chin! Molly kept trying to bite it and I removed it.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I am curious as to why some of you with chips place a tag on the color with the chip's ID.:idontno: The benefit of the chip is that the ownership info stays with the dog when the collar comes off. If your dog's chip ID tag stays on the collar, shouldn't a regular name/ address tag stay on too? Is this a redundancy or is there something I am missing?

Just curious.

:Dsj
It's irrelevant for us. I didn't bring pliers to put the tags on with, so she's tagless. :oops: All she wears is her pink collar with palm trees on it. She doesn't need a name and address tag because we signed a contract with the breeder saying that she always has to either be on a leash or be in a fenced-in area (or obviously in the house).

Contractually we have to pet her 25 times a day, kiss her when she goes nitey-nite, and ... just kidding. :D
 
Sueshore said:
Molly wears all her jewelry, all the time!

My friend Leigh has three llasa apso dogs and I could definitely say the same about them. The color of the collars change with the seasons--let's see, there's plaid for Christmas, pastels at Eastertime, pumpkin orange for the fall--even their ID tags are color-coordinated! They are the most glamorous dogs in the Midwest. :wub:
 
Butter came to us with an implanted chip that has all the contact numbers, including the breeder's, in the event they can't get in touch with us for some reason. The only thing about the implanted chip is that one has to scan the dog to find it. You have no idea the chip is there, for all practical purposes. Not every household has a pet scanner on hand. Butter's even has his DNA in there, although I don't know why that is necessary or even relevant. Guess if he commits a murder, it would be helpful to the prosecution. Then upon reflection...maybe not. :idontno:
 
Donna said:
I wish the sheriff deputies were as good about patrolling our neighborhood areas other than the beach. A lady who lives across the lane from us allows her dogs to roam for their toilets and they have used the landscaped area next to our pool. That's really what I want to do on my rare trips to Grayton---admire the Gulf view before scooping up four months worth of her two dogs' poop. Any ideas about how this could be stopped? :idontno:
this is just too unbelieveable for words!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: No bad dogs...just very bad owners!!! How RUDE that woman is!! Is there not animal control in the area?...I agree..you should dump (no pun intended :biggrin: ) the poop right back in her front porch!!!! :creepy: :banned: :banned:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top