• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Donut Hole

New posts

Trailrunner

Beach Crab
I have heard a lot of good things about this place and it always seems to have a crowd. I have never been there. What kind of food do they serve and what is a must-have from the menu. Any critques, suggestions, etc? Is it budget-friendly?
 
My husband is a doughnut fanatic. He'll drive 40 minutes to pick up doughnuts from the Donut Hole. We never eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on the food. We love their cake doughnuts - chocolate-iced chocolate, powdered sugar, and sour cream.
 
A favorite of visitors and locals for many years. Serving traditional/country breakfast all hours with generous portions. Daily homecooked lunch specials are always a hit. They also have giant burgers and sandwiches.

reviews
 
Before I moved here, I used to drive all the way from Tallahassee for their
Gourmet Muffins! :clap_1:
 
Breakfast is great, just don't expect cheap food. My favorite is the ch burger (ask for cheddar ch) and get the home fries.
 
I agree with Beach Runner! The double chocolate doughnuts are perfect.
My wife and kids like the keylime doughnuts but actually they're all good.
My favorite memory of The Donut Hole is my wife and my first trip there. We stopped in one evening and looked at the menu for an ice cream desert. We asked the waitress about the Mudslide. She started describing it to us but then said, "Hold on!" Then walked over to one of the tables and took this guy's mudslide away from him and brought it over to us, showing us exactly what a mudslide looked like! :lol: He was a local police officer or County Deputy and really gave her the business but it was all in funn. That was when we first knew this area was something special. Just really great people in SoWal.
I also ordered the frog leg special for lunch once. That was the first time I'd had them served where the legs were still attached at the hip. Previously I'd had them before but only served like little chicken drummettes. That was pretty strange seeing this little frog's butt on my plate! :shock: But, Mmmm, they were good.
We'll be staying in a cabin at Topsail Hill in early August. Just a stone's throw from the DH. I KNOW we will be there daily. Enjoy!
 
Their cinnamon raisin bread is fantastic.
 
We breakfast there one day last year, and I have to tell you, it was wonderful.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top